My first base set booster pack

Looks like a weighed pack…chances of that are near 99% if you got this pack from ebay…sadly.

Also, yes, weighing is weight of the packs as the holo does weigh more.

I don’t know if you can say 99% or really give any realistic percentage. But If you buy a loose pack off eBay, you should assume it’s been weighed. Also, it’s totally unclear whether this pack in particular has been weighed. Statistically, if only 1:3 unweighed packs contained holos then it’s totally the expected case that if you were to pick a pack at random, it would not contain a holo.

Just trying to be a bit more accurate for the sake of keeping things factual, particularly because ray is new.

1 Like

PFM, have you been hanging out with pokesyn too much :wink:

OK, yeah…we don’t have to be accurate to the ratio lol, but I do agree with if it’s off ebay, or you didn’t see it come out of a new box, then chances are it’ll be weighed. Even skeptical if you have seen the box, but didn’t see it be opened.

Also, yes you’re right that it may not had been a weighed pack, but if the origin was ebay then the likelihood of it being weighed is just more …likely.

Best option is to find a good seller with lots of positive feedback about selling non-weighed packs :blush:

1 Like

What I really wish legit sellers would do is to sell in 3 pack lots… 1 holo 2 non holo. This is what I will do if I ever sell packs or come across an opened box.

Of course, it’s going to backfire and half the buyers are going to flip the non holos or whatever but it is what it is… At least you keep every customer happy and you don’t risk having someone buy 10 packs and getting 0 holos and leaving you a neg feedback. lol

no sir Ive no interest in the BGSton PRISTIGINE 10 no raritans so i dont see how you can be so confubed.

errrrrrrrrrrr…

look garinson… you have no idea what your taking about but you will be DESTROYED one of these dayz and i will ascendz as the trueb FRIST EDITION BASE SET CHAMPIONTON.

4 Likes

He’d better step his game up, you can do his job for him lol. Impressive attention to detail.

In a normal booster box, there are usually around 12 packs that contain a more valuable card (holo, GX, full art, etc.) and the other 24 just have a non-holo rare. Ideally their placement within the box would be random, but early Sun & Moon boxes literally had a valuable one every third pack in order.

So, shady people could open a couple packs until they hit a good one, keep every third pack for themselves, and sell the worthless ones as if they were random loose packs.

Thats… quite the scandal