Most undervalued Charizard

Hi all,
A lot of opinions on this, but what do YOU think is the 3 most undervalued Charizards atm. (Graded 10 or 9).

My list is:

1. Charizard EX, FRLG.
  2. Blaine’s Charizard 1st
  3. Dark Charizard 1st
2 Likes

Why not Expedition Charizard?

1 Like

A PSA 10 went for $2.3k on PWCC. Pretty expensive for a non-ultra-rare/base-set zard

2 Likes

I’m on your side here :blush: though a PSA 10 holo is upwards of $2500 (I think)

Because i don’t think it is undervalued?

2 Likes

The snarky Question Mark.

LOVE IT

Anyway, I think Arita signed zards are exxxxtremely undervalued.

4 Likes

Plasma Storm and Dark Charizard 1st Edition. I was shocked to see that for PSA 10 is still sub $500!

4 Likes

Dark Charizard all day every day. One of the nicest looking cards ever imo, love it.

3 Likes

I’d have to agree with the 2 guys above me. Surprised it’s not a $1000 card at this point. That means I should probably buy a copy before it’s too late. lol

1 Like
  1. Shining Charizard 1st ed PSA 10
  2. Base set Charizard 1st ed PSA 9
  3. Charizard ex FRLG PSA 10/9
1 Like

Ex dragons secret rare

1 Like

Just curious why you think that or how much you feel it should be worth right now?

We can all agree it’s probably underpriced, but to put it on a most undervalued list would be pushing it IMO… Unless you think it’s worth $10,000 or some crazy number, almost $5k is crazy money for a 9 that has a pop of over 500 copies(minus regrades).

Dark Charizard 1st edition.

2 Likes

It’s like any other card that has its supply pumped to the moon, 1st ed shining charizard 10, shadowless charizard 9, and 1st ed dark charizard 10…

I don’t know how much it should be worth today but I know that it is undervalued. It is THE 1st edition Base Set Charizard in Mint condition. If any collector from other hobbies want to buy a card from Pokemon it is this one. PSA 10 at $27k? Probably not but a PSA 9 at $4.5k is a pretty solid deal.

I know there are many that went for the lower grades from PSA 4-6, which is nothing wrong but eventually they will want to upgrade to a mint copy, this is what collectors do, slowly moving up the grade ladder and finally own that MINT/GEMMINT copy.

It isn’t underpriced at the moment since it is selling at auction that would make it its market price. However it is undervalued IMO. The high pop number reflects its popularity in the set. The set having the highest number of graded cards in all pokemon sets reflect the popularity of the set in all of Pokemon TCG.

I think $5k for the most popular Pokemon card(Charizard), in the most popular English set(Base Set), in 1st edition, in Mint condition, is undervalued.

EDIT: Everyone can have their own opinions, in my opinion.

1 Like

If you think about future potential, it’s undervalued. I think you’re correct it’s just “undervalued” isn’t what I’d use to describe 1st Ed. Base Zard, the card will definitely rise over time but everyone from us to casual collectors is aware it exists.

I feel like “undervalued” is a term people assign to cards which people dismiss or don’t often take into consideration, like ex dragons secret rare zard.

But right now it’s right where it needs to be.

But which cards we consider undervalued is subjective and can be reduced to arguing semantics.

1 Like

I was thinking the same two

1 Like

Ahh ok so more of being an underappreciated card.

In that case, FRLG Charizard ex! Being one of the 4 ultra-rare charizards(1st ed shining, crystal, ex and gold star), it is relatively cheap compared to the others :blush:

1 Like

1st edition dark and psa 10 reverse holo ex crystal guardians. love both of them cards

Gold Zards from Crystal Guardians. Holo for $400, and rev foil for $300. One of the best artworks I’ve seen and plus their populations are fairly low.

The 1st ed blaine and dark pops are a lot lower than I figured they’d be for their current prices.

1 Like