Most underrated card

Name a card that you feel is underrated, for example a gem in an otherwise less popular set. Thought this would be a fun idea given how much knowledge is around this forum, might see something I’d want to collect myself! I have less experience as only got into collecting this year but will start -

Rocket Zapdos, gym challenge. Probably my favourite holo in my collection. The artwork on zapdos is awesome and the thunderclouds make it look so menacing. I also thought that the artist drawing individual rain drops all over the image was impressive attention to detail for a Pokemon card!

imageshack.com/i/pl9lLjWHj

4 Likes

Most underrated Shining.

5 Likes

Here is a similar thread from a year ago, which mentioned some nice underrated cards.

I personally think the SH shining Pokémon from the Stormfront, Platinum, Supreme Victors, and Arceus sets are pretty uderrated. Some examples:

And of course the matching Altaria for the Swablu:

Milotic as a Pokémon in general is pretty underrated as well. Personally I think it’s the most majestic Pokémon there is. Here my three favorite artworks:

And this Arceus set I bought last year is pretty cool as well, especially with the pattern going over all cards:

But I can probably name thousands of underrated cards. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

I was JUST thinking about the DPP shinings - in PSA gradeable condition - being extremely underrated today. I had an MP version sell on tcgplayer. I’m pretty overstocked on SP/MP ones, barely got a NM one in sight. Some of them look dead gorgeous, but the foil design sure made it close to impossible not to scratch them.

I don’t think (I mean I’m new here idk the perception with you guys) that the no symbol jungle cards get enough hype. Crazy that it ever happened!

Base 1st Ed Chansey

2 Likes

Most underrated 出現率

1 Like

I have just recently started collecting Primes. This one is my favorite so far. I’m really looking forward to getting all of these together!

I don’t think I appreciated Legendary Treasures enough when it was actually out. I was taking a look at my holos from the series again and the artwork is a little mesmerizing to me. I really want to pick up the Mewtwo and Moltres from this set too.

These next ones are two of my favorite Japanese cards. Ooyama’s Pikachu from the vending set and the Squirtle from McDonald’s.

This is one of my favorite promo cards recently released. I love shiny Magikarps, especially angry looking ones! ><

And last, I feel like some of the Topps cards are a little underrated. The chrome ones are awesome to see in person. Series one and two have a lot of the traditional artwork, but series three has a lot of different artwork I haven’t seen on cards elsewhere.

2 Likes