Modern Japanese Back (Reverse) Card Variations

There may be an obvious answer to this question so forgive me but is there a lot of variations for the back of modern Japanese cards. Like take the reverse of these Kanazawa promos:

It looks quite a bit different and darker near the blue section than say this back:

Could the first picture be fakes? How do you tell?

Thanks!

My first thought would be the angle and intensity of the light used to take the picture. Looks like the bottom card is a scan and the top looks like it has a bright light source from top left. Probably that causes the difference in the exposure and how the card is lit?

Maybe someone else with more knowledge can clarify this better, if it is also the case. However, there may be slight variations, probably due to printer inconsistency, but atleast here it does not seem like fakes to me.

Cheers!

Thanks for your reply. I’m likely being paranoid lol. But I was surprised to see some of the scam cards they have been able to make so seems like anything is possible these days.

Just from a practicality standpoint, most people looking to fake cards are going to target higher-end cards to make more money. To my knowledge, Kanazawa fakes are not prominent.

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense for sure. Thanks @Dyl you’ve helped me a lot lately. I appreciate it!

1 Like