Mitsuhiro Arita Experience - Milan Cartoomics March 3-5 2017

99% are already authenticated PSA cards. So still nothing from our Comicon, just 3-4 listings on ebay.it

It was a general speech obv, but I was afraid of more resales, now the situation is still under control, and I am pretty happy about that.

We can only hope it stays that way after his US visits lol, Was there a charge for taking pictures with him?

The reason of queue was the high sketches’ demand and the picture’s requests. So we decided to cut off the pictures to avoid the Sensei tiring from the constant get up and down from the chair. Selfies were allowed tho.
and all was free obv
@charchu

3 Likes

He seems like an awesome guy! I wish I could have met him in person. I am unbelievably greatful that he took out the time to make some sketches for me even though they were not really accepting sketch requests by mail. I know I will never sell off those sketches.

There is no way to really regulate resellers other than to deter them by charging for signatures, which kind of sucks for everyone but what can you do.

But the problem I see with charging a high premium for a signature is that it MAY help resellers in the end because it might boost prices of a signed card :neutral_face: It seems like a lose lose situation for collectors and win win for profiteers.

Valid point. Resellers suck the fun out of everything. Personally, I would have better things to do then to stand in line to make a quick buck off of something I don’t care about. Give real fans the chance. Anyway, if he ever comes stateside closer to my residence, I would be there so fast.

Let’s hope no one in Florida ruins it for us. This is truly an amazing opportunity for true fans; I mean never in a million years I would’ve guessed of meeting one of the people responsible for bringing these characters to life in the TCG. Getting things autographed to your name probably helps but at the same time slows down the lines. I am so excited, I can’t wait to meet him :grin:

• Detailed thread about meeting Mitsuhiro Arita
  • Autographed and illustrated Charizards
  • Message from Arita himself
9 Likes

Did you sign the no rarity on the actual card or across the sleeeve?

On the card lol

oooooooooooooooooo

now yo need to get it graded and it shaLL Be one of a kind in that condition ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yessir still debating on which service is better… probably it will go to BGS

Yeese ide go with bgs for it to as that brushed look on the label is keeeewl.

but youll probably get a higher grade to ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) since the lower grades are a tad easier to get there.

Did he notice anything about the no rarity? xD

I showed him the differences between regular and NR while we had dinner… and he didnt know anything about NRs☺
Artists are pretty unaware about nieche print runs, but he laughed hard about the haphazard length and weight WOTC put in the info section :joy:

5 Likes

This is hilariumz.

1 Like

I was the first guy to ask for a CoA, before I knew of the event on Facebook. Asking for a CoA regardless is not rude and definitely isn’t ignorant and as a collector I’m surprised you’d say that. However your reply to me for “Well let me see your CoA for your Sugimori zard” was rude - I wasn’t selling it or have any intention to sell it.

The very fact that this event took place means that there will be a tonne of people who potentially want to capitalise on the opportunity and create fake cards. One seller I spoke to (Italian) even confirmed to me that he knows people are doing it. So no, it’s not rude, or ignorant - we’re collectors and that’s how we’ll play. Regardless of the fact that PSA isn’t in Italy, you can submit from wherever you live in the world and there are a tonne of Europeans who do so. And PSA aren’t the only authenticators as I told you. There are companies who will authenticate the item for you for free (but charge for the CoA). It’s not difficult.

If anyone knows someone with a base zard signed by Arita, I’d be interested :blush: .

Chill man, I said italians are ignorant about CoAs. Not you. And it was so untimely asking for a CoA the same day of the event. Lol

Btw we are planning to do PSA group’ submission(s), and trying to sensitize about the importance of CoA for resale.
Maybe 1on200 italian collectors used PSA service before, thats why we are ignorant here. Ignorant means that they ignore about the importance, not that they are stupid :blush:

1 Like

Are we just going to ignore the fact that Gabriele had a dinner date with the man and didn’t invite any of us?

11 Likes