Missing package

Hi all,

I recently sent a booster box via mail with next day shipping via UPS and the tracker says it was delivered to the door but unfortunately the buyer said it’s not there.

Things to do next time: take pictures when I package the item and request a requirement for signature.

Am I screwed at this point?

Thanks for the comments and help:)

Most of the time if tracking says it is delivered you are set. If you sold it on ebay, they will side with you, but I dont know how other platforms fix this kind of stuff.

1 Like

Well, if tracking says delivered sounds like it’s the buyer that’s screwed.

2 Likes

Not good. Sorry, that sucks.

This same situation happened to me with some expensive computer parts. The buyer filed an ebay claim and he LOST. He then filed a credit card chargeback and LOST AGAIN.

This was like 4 or 5 days ago.

So I am thinking that you are fine.

Hopefully this doesn’t have you so paranoid that you are requiring signature on 60$ CP ETBs in the future…

2 Likes

It says delivered so you should be golden, the buyer needs to follow it up with the courier if they dont have it. Ebay care about delivered.

3 Likes

If he opens a claim against you through eBay, call their customer service right away (same day if possible) and explain the situation, that you uploaded tracking to eBay and that it shows delivered. They should rule in your favor right then and there, make sure they close the case while you are on the phone with them. If he opens a case with eBay and it gets closed, he can’t open a case with Paypal. It’s either/or from my understanding.

3 Likes

pictures a waste of timesignature for delivery, perfect

3 Likes

Sounds good.

I also read that more of more carriers require the delivery person to take pictures if they have to set the box on a front porch.

Sounds like UPS isn’t doing that yet.

Yes I sold via ebay and paid for shipping separately (there is a UPS location near where I work).

Thank you I will do that. I tried calling UPS for help and they weren’t able to do much.

@jolo1990 hopefully it wasn’t expensive. Always require signature delivery for anything over $500 or so. Maybe less, maybe more depending on your financial situation, regarding how much you can risk losing in the event of misadventure. It costs so little to add signature, I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t do it. $2, $3 and you have that crucial thing for items that you may get paranoid of losing or having a problem with. But in lighter news, I think, like everyone above said, you will be fine considering it shows delivered.

Thanks I remember thinking when I got home from UPS oh I should have added the signature request.

It was a 1st edition box…

@jolo1990 1st edition box of what? haha the missing piece of info is the most crucial!!

I believe eBay requires signature confirmation for packages over $750, so it may depend on the price of the item!

What happens in the situation where the courier delivers the package to the front door while the buyer is out, then a thief steals it.
It happens… so the buyer loses out? It could have happend in this case.

2 Likes

I think it may be $800 but you’re 100% right. If you don’t have signature and the item that was paid for exceeds the threshold you will automatically lose any ebay or paypal chargeback case unfortunately.

eBay requires that any package over $750 be sent with signature confirmation. If I remember correctly you can still lose a case if you did not send the item with signature confirmation and the value was in excess of $750.

So as the seller who didn’t pay for the signature confirmation and it is over $750/$800 it’s a negative for me?

The buyer said he was home all day.

1 Like