Milou's Humble Display Shelf

Hey guys, I’ve been working on this little project for the past year, picking up figs and cards and filling out the collection.

Thought Id show a big pic and then when I get back home from holiday showcase each shelf, and pull out the interesting pieces. More as an excuse for me to go back and appreciate what I’ve been fortunate enough to find and have.

Nothing as crazy as some of the big boy collections that I see and aspire to but a lot of love and care and pieces from childhood too!

Will edit in shelf pics as I post and update!

30 Likes

I like the card background setup. I don’t think I’ve seen that before!

4 Likes

Absolutely love the interior you’ve made with the trading cards, never seen anything like that before. That’s a design revelation if I ever had one.

3 Likes

This looks super awesome. Would really like to see individual shelf spaces as separate pics to get some close-ups and more detailed look at the collection. It looks like a lot of care and work was put it to arrange the display.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

3 Likes

All the worlds a binder and the toploaders merely sleeves!

2 Likes

Half way around the world from my collection for the next 2 weeks and want to take photos that do it justice bit by bit. But heres some snaps of the gen 1 shelf i have stored on my phone!

Please excuse the homebrew slabs, psa grading is always a difficult value judgement from Australia especially these days where shipping costs more than the grading. Always been a huge fan of the original manga as it felt closer to the game than the anime. The anthologies have been amazing and the S&M tag team all stars full arts are on the way!

The dark starters just have that edgy vibe that appealed to preteen me. Love the story behind venusaur even if the border not matching is a little triggering. The pokemon poker cards are a fun little uncommon piece and coincidentally my housemates gave me the matching pez dispensers for secret santa!

CD promos are just so beautiful, the video game artwork, sugimoris interpretations of vg sprites are not only franchise but generation defining for millenials everywhere.

The HD looking squirtle is actually a 3d resin print hand painted as a gift by a friend of mine. His cringey name is Blazing after the blastoise in my 2nd and final run on that pokemon blue cartridge (I must admit zard was my first choice)

9 Likes

Hey guys, back home finally and its good to be back with my now slightly dustier collection. Took some detailed pics of the gen 2 shelf.

Gen 2 is definitely my favourite, strong memories and probably replayed the game on each cartridge 3 to 4 times.

Sometimes the background pieces get obscured so just wanted to give them a little attention before they go back to their lonely existences. When designing the background I pretty quickly realised that besides the starters you only have slugma line and entei for fire types.

Of the starters, Meganium was definitely my fave. As one of those dinosaur kids in primary school leaf long neck was just the best boy. The 25th anniversary pin collection were a really neat set. Big fan of the silver deck poker cards, mine aren’t in the greatest condition and sealed boxes go for silly money these days,

Anyone remember the anime? Chikorita was the best, super jealous of Pikachu. She had a big crush on ash. Been recently rewatching the movies with friends. Had completely forgotten totodiles english voice acting is just donald duck in pokemon form! Unfortunately the cartridges batteries have all run their time and not too sure about replacing them when emulation is so available. That little trainer guide has been read hundreds of times, it’s so full of sugimori art and maybe a little weirdly is one of my favourite pieces.

15 Likes

A lot more to shelves to go through but I picked up a box of treasure and had to share

Tomy’s, pogs, battle blasters, plushies, keychains, BK and McD toys.

The Gold Plated BK cards are a really neat set, not that expensive but the boxes were clean and was super excited to have them

5 Likes

Have a little onion fairy collection. Hoping to eventually get one of every art. Gold star is at PSA but finding a Crystal Celebi in my price and grade range is a long term thing

5 Likes

Hey all, been a while since theres been an update, but while I’ve not posted in a while the collection has definitely grown! For now I’ll do an update on my celebi shelf

Just two named cards short of every art but crystal celebi and the secret rare celebi ex are going to be a long term goal

One of my favorite pieces is the 3d cars made out of commons my friend did for me, it occasionally doubles as a vstar token at local tournaments

When I heard the Singaporean poke center was doing a celebi event I was very quick on the merch train, from the train cards (art done by kouki saitou!) To the event exclusive nanoblock

16 Likes

may i ask how is the sleeping dragonite plush called

1 Like

It’s Banpresto’s “Relax Time Dragonite” (40cm)

1 Like

thanks mate

Went to OCIC with friends!

I went 4 wins 4 losses 1 draw with a very unconventional deck at my first big event! (Galarian perserker V)

It was super fun, I got to meet OKJluv and a bunch of tcg pros too.

2 kids from our locals made finals and it was a blast cheering them on in vgc and tcg finals

The prize wall was stacked but I couldnt finish up my games before the giant shiny celebi plush went. Still celestial storm packs and unbroken bond packs at crazy good value, and side events were crazy fun. My friends and I ended up metagaming the raids with a full supporter deck and being the only team to finish an expert difficulty raid (mewtwo V union)

5 Likes

Cool update. Looks like super fun and also getting to meet other players and collectors must have been a blast. Too bad about missing out on the Celebi plush though. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

1 Like

what are those big pokemon adventure boxes if i may ask

On the gen 1 shelf? Theyre pokemon adventures collection anthologies. Its just the manga reprinted into larger books

oh i see, i never saw these packaged like that

How did you get the toploaders to stay on top of each other and against the back and sides?

1 Like

I love this! Awesome collection. Is that an Ikea Billy bookcase?