Show Me How You Display Your Collection

Whats the point of spending all this money on shiny cards if you don’t display them? I recently moved and I’m looking to yoink some inspiration from E4 for my Cradily display. What cards are worthy to be displayed on your desk? Do you have a theme? Do you have figures or plushies by your cards? Cool display cases? Art pieces? I’m putting together a pastel green PC setup myself and I’m looking to buy a real crynoid fossil to display next to my cradilys. I want to see the personal touches you put into your set-up.

show me how you display your cards :grin:

Edit: Okay I realize a lot of people don’t display their cards BUT I think you should at least display some cheapies with good art maybe you can grab some inspiriation from the thread. But if displaying really ain’t your thing that’s cool too collect how you enjoy :blush:

7 Likes

I don’t. I’d like to see sime examples as well to get some ideas.

2 Likes

Personally I only display graded cards and have either my raw cards in binders or in card savers sitting in ETBs. and I’ll just take a look at them once and a while.

1 Like

How I used to have it

33 Likes

I’d also love to see some collections! I’ve adjusted my collection goals around the fact that I would like to actually display my cards one day rather than have 100’s tucked away in a box somewhere. So I’ve started consolidating quite a bit and hope to have a museum-like display set up in the next year or so that will display a handful of grails.

3 Likes

I don’t display any of my collectibles because I am a joyless cur.

16 Likes

Looks pretty cool, I assume you stopped displaying that way due to the lights?

I’ll show everyone how mine is displayed once I get one final card.

1 Like

IMO PSA cards look kinda odd on display… I like flipping through slabs but I don’t really enjoy them standing in a room.

PSA picture frames are better but I’d still rather hang “real art” over slabs.

1 Like

Safely in my closet

3 Likes

I imagine the presentation of my collection to be the final end goal of my journey. Right now, I’m still in the first stage tho - acquiring cards both graded and raw. Sending the raw cards in for grading will be stage #2. Only after that, when I finally have all the cards and other items I want, I’ll take whatever money is left and invest it in a beautiful setup. That said, I’m in no hurry. Ideally this will be happening during another bull market when buying cards isn’t fun anyway.

3 Likes

In a fire proof safe

2 Likes

Currently some japanese 25th holos in card savers scattered face down that should be in tubs in the bunker, but I’m too lazy to go down there just for their sake and when I finally do go down I forget them, and so here they are. Inspirational, isn’t it?

For real though, if I was the displaying type (which I may become), I like the look of thin rectangular showcases, either wood or metal with plenty of glass and either some clever light solution or no light at all. Easy to move, not necessarily next to a wall, 360 degree display possibilities.

4 Likes

Does anyone use a motorized turntable to display some of their cards? Could put unique sets on a turntable, occasionally changing up the cards being ‘showcased’.

1 Like

This looks sick, especially with the lights

I would too if I was an eeveelution species collector tbh x)

1 Like

That makes sense! I’m kinda in the same boat but I’m still looking to casually display some favorites until I’ve completed my goal then I’ll have a larger display goal in mind

Same here, I have both binders and slabs I consider binders a form of display even though they aren’t very customizable or decorative they still display cards together nicely.

This is a great idea, Admiral posted his display which is in a showcase it looks really clean. I might opt for this if I pull the trigger on a fossil anytime soon.

1 Like

The objective of displaying is to make the space enjoyable to you so art is still a valid form of display. I enjoy prints and plushies as much as cards :blush:

1 Like

My small one wall display. I rotate the cards on the shelf out every so often:

21 Likes