Mike Trout Shares PSA Cards of Himself

The algorithms at YouTube showed me this video of Mike Trout going through cards he owns. It isn’t mind blowing or anything, but I wanted to share it because it shows a guy collecting cards because he loves them. And he has an emotional attachment to the cards because they give him memories of his career.

Mike Trout shares 6 of his favorite Mike Trout cards - YouTube

7 Likes

That was cool. I haven’t and never will own sport collectible cards but the “patches” thing is interesting. I wonder if there could be an equivalent for Pokemon somehow?

1 Like

I’d love an Eevee card with a couple of his furrs inside the card!

2 Likes

Mike Trout collecting himself

19 Likes

he is him. just casually has some modern grails and is able to inscribe anything he wants - perks of being the best in the game and having $400 million dollars.

1 Like

Weird flex but he’s an incredible athlete

1 Like

Coming up next: Charizord shares his PSA collection

8 Likes

Top comment of the video gave me a good chuckle

“When you realize you might have to outbid Mike Trout for a Mike Trout card :(.”

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that, that was fun to watch! That’s gotta be so crazy to see yourself on a card and then also be Mike Trout.

Between the reasoning he collects cards and his fascination with meteorology, dude is just super wholesome.

I just rewatched this and I swear he calls every single one “special”

They can’t all be special!!!

2 Likes

But all my cards are special

2 Likes

If I were a famous athlete, I would probably keep a small collection of memorabilia to sign and otherwise make unique to give to fans in unique circumstances (eg make a wish, etc.).

Can’t blame Mike Trout for collecting his own cards tho. Why wouldn’t he collect the GOAT?

Galaxy brain play: be Mike Trout, get a PSA 10 of every card featuring Mike Trout, sign one of each, and get them authenticated. Not only would each individual card be a 1/1, but the entire collection itself would also be a 1/1. Amazing

Ngl I would love to see for the memes a BGS 10 Black Label 1/1 Mike Trout’s Mike Trout Rookie Card.

1 Like

Collectors hate this one little trick!

2 Likes

I love that players are buying up 1/1s of themselves. There’s a few NBA dudes doing the same thing also like KD and Giannis (and probably others)