Mike’s Char-Eee-Zards

My humble charizard collection. Should’ve taken a pic of my WOTC booster pack collection before I started selling it off lol. Currently attempting to chase the big Gem10 1st ed base so I wanted to take a picture before I eventually sold these off to make a competitive offer. Thanks to YouTube for linking me TCA gaming, leonhart and smpratte from god knows what algorithm and in extension Gary featured in their videos too. Re-started my love for the hobby haha. Have been enjoying re-collecting for a couple years now. What’s everyone’s favorite charizard art? Mine is Blaine’s, the card in hand I can stare at for hours. Hopefully I posted this correctly and don’t have to retype everything.

Edit: My latest addition! Riding with the price waves, only time will tell if I did it right.

Two more additions! I caved on my opinion of the 1st ed shining just to have all the 1st ed zards collected. It actually looks a lot better in hand, the textures and colors don’t get captured well in a picture. Besides crystal guardians charizard and a 1st Ed base set gem 10 I think I’m pretty much done with collecting my favorite zard arts (for the time being).

8 Likes

Yup pic came outside sideways. Oops

@mikem thats quite a lovely collection there, and i wish you all the luck in seeking out the famed psa 10 for your next goal!

As for Charizard arts, i will say Blaines and Dark were always my favorites, but for me Charizard was never one of my staple favorite mons. Still enjoy seeing others love it though and again i wish you all the best on your collection journey!

2 Likes

Thanks for the luck! Gonna need a little bit of that, prices are climbing. What’s your favorite mon/artwork?

@mikem Typhlosion! haha and as for art it would be the Dark variant followed by both neo gen ones. Ive always favored gen 2 over 1 (even though i grew up with both) but thats without a doubt one of my top picks, followed by Azumaril (another fav pokemon) with its Aquapolis card. That card just always gets me happy every time i take out my copies to see :blush:

2 Likes

The flames on that artwork really do it for me and aquapolis in general has some amazing artwork haha. Solid choices :+1:

2 Likes

Nice. Gotta be honest I think my favorite zard artis either the classic base set or skyridge.

2 Likes

If this is humble beginnings… I need to hit the restart button

3 Likes

Fantastic Charizard collection! Definitely love that 1st Ed Blaine’s Charizard.

2 Likes

lol didn’t mean anything ironic about it, just have seen a lot of nicer collections with a lot more expensive charizards, those gold star and shining charizards n skyridge. Never collected during that era so I’m not as attached to those artworks as the originals.

1 Like

I was surprised the second word was humble, then u unleashed several 1st edition psa 10s…

Looks like you have more collecting to do @mikem, those are pretty good charizards you mentioned, how long have you been collecting lol

A year and a half, give or take. I wanted to collect PSA 10’s in order but(probably unpopular opinion) I don’t like the art of shining charizard, and the price didn’t justify the back side of a seemingly grayish charizard at least to me. So I went sideways and started collecting unweighed pack arts, thinking maybe I’d do a massive opening when I finished or something. Ended up doing a lot of business with TCA in opening heavies. Just recently pulled a T17 on his channel but it came out pretty damaged from the pack unfortunately. I kind of enjoyed it a little too much, before I knew it I had a storage full of PSA cards and WOTC booster packs. Trying to sell them all off now and grab the big boy Charizard, then I think my collecting will be satisfied for the time being haha. I remember when I first started I thought paying $600-$700 for a Hyper Rare Charizard PSA 10 was going to be my limit, that I’d never actually buy a Charizard that was worth maybe 20-30k at the time. The fun carried me away to where I’m at now lol.

1 Like

haha

1 Like

Nice collections! Sadly charizard…

Haha sorry to disappoint.

Last two additions for a while, got most of my Zard artwork wants down besides a reverse crystal guardians in a 10. Even after all this collecting still willing to trade it all up + cash for a 1st Ed base set zard