Mew lucario gift box

I need to add the two gold stars from the box into my collection and was thinking about buying a sealed one to open. The issue I have is I have heard that they are known for coming out of the box and I was just wondering if people would say it would be best to either buy the sealed tin or to try and find them separately which I’ve already tried and failed to do being as every set or copy of each card seems to be in terrible condition.

I’ve opened and graded the pair from the tins, both of mine got 10’s from PSA.

That being said, they come very loose in the box with no protective packaging.

I’d be willing to get a tin sealed again because the entire tin is great to open!

Don’t open sealed box because you’ll receive damaged stars with very good chance. Just keep looking for singles. :blush:

There is a seller on yahoo who always has these up for sale, I just don’t know how well they have been looked after or if I trust the Royal Mail to handle the package carefully rather than throwing it around.

Again, mine went from Japan to Aus and both received a PSA 10!

I actually missed the box from the seller cos my internet went down :slightly_frowning_face: the guy regularly seems to be selling them though so I’ll just have to wait a week or so before the next one gets listed I imagine.

The openings I’ve seen of this box would definitely make me nervous about opening one to grade. I believe its the plastic band around the deck that leaves indents on the cards. Which brings me to another point: why do decks like this not come with the holofoil in the middle instead of out on front where it’s most prone to damage? Surely that’d be more useful in the long run than just the better initial presentation of having the shiny card on front.