Jungle box 1st ed. and Fossil 1st ed. assistance

im considering these 2 purely for investment purposes: (not opening them)

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-1st-Ed-Jungle-Booster-Box-Factory-Sealed/143207162155?hash=item2157cfe12b:g:N8EAAOSwJcxcqjr2

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-1ST-ED-Fossil-Booster-Box-factory-sealed/143207163520?hash=item2157cfe680:g:RsUAAOSwYXFcqjnK

They look legit enough based on the info I can find on the forum as to what to look for and the pricing is what it is as it’s Europe… They seem to go for $2000 but tax, shipping and import om looking at 2000 pounds easily anyway.

With some of your more trained eyes; do they look legit enough and is the quality of the boxes in a state where they would be considered OK for investment?

They look fine.

No red flags there.

Both boxes got snatched just before I bid so now om looking at this:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173893279689?ul_noapp=true

Looks authentic to me when trying to compare with other boxes I know to be authentic but any assistance is much appreciated.

It looks mostly fine to me but the wrapping just seems a bit dirty with some weird spotting on the top, maybe moisture at one point? A lot of the WotC logos look like they’ve rubbed away. I’m not sure if that’s normal depending on storage, but I can’t even see any on the top of the box. If I were putting money into a box purely for investment, I’d probably pay a bit more for a cleaner box.

Those are really good points - for some reason I didn’t notice that on the box as I’ve been looking at so many…

Both dacardworld and collectors cache have them on their own site for $1700 which looks like a much better deal as the cases on their sites looks pristine.

Agree for sure, pay the extra for a cleaner box. Displays nicer too

I’d wait for a cleaner one, that one is dirty and cleaning it might end up damaging the wrapper.

I ended up getting the one from dacardworld as it looks to be in really great condition.

thank you once again for your assistance.

2 Likes

…And im back :blush:

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-1ST-EDITION-JUNGLE-BOOSTER-BOX-ENGLISH-WOTC-FACTORY-SEALED-RARE/333196980228

This one im thinking of getting to open and grade a few cards towards collecting the set, so not so worried about the condition of the box.
However, looking at the WOTC logos, they seem oddly fresh compared to the overall state of the box and packaging so im not sure if it’s legit enough?

Based on the description the seller seems very honest and upfront. I think this would be an ideal candidate for a box purchase and open.

yeah, ill give it a go and see if it works out a good price. Tried to compare it to some other boxes and seems fine from that I could tell, and he is very honest about the condition of the box and wrapping.

Be careful opening jungle boxes if you are really conscious about money as alot of the cards come with heavy silvering straight out of the packs and will end up as 8s and 9s.

2 Likes

hm, I was actually planning on opening a box in this condition for the thrill of it and hope to get some PSA 10s. Not just holos but common and uncommon as well to start a set.
Are those boxes generally known to have that sort of silvering and therefore hard to grade?

Silvering only impacts holo cards

yeah, but i would be hoping for a few PSA 10 holos as well :blush: that’s why im wondering if it’s too risky to try and get them by cracking packs vs buying them already graded.

Usually the market has sorted itself out based on the pricing vs buying a sealed box and the individual cards. I doubt there are any _guaranteed_ moneymaking boxes out there.

I’m trying to: have some fun opening old packs while maybe getting some PSA 10 both holo and non holos.

I’ll take the chance on this box since the condition is not great anyway.