Melee! Scamble Eevee Price Point???

Have an opportunity to purchase an Eevee from the Melee Scramble lottery cards. Not sure what a fair price would be for it nor does the seller. Checking here for any help! Card is NM, not PSA 10 material but around a 8/9 grade.

Thanks for any help!

1 Like

In GEM MT 10 it’s a multiple thousand dollar card, same for Mint ungraded. Near Mint is another story. It’s just difficult to pinpoint where there price is at exactly. It’s one of those cards that never show up so there’s pretty much no sales history.

3 Likes

Agreed. I’m not sure how to go about valuing it either.

With rare cards like that, it’s really up to you and the seller. You can ask everyone who has(had) one, sold one or bought one, but it still doesn’t matter how much they think it’s worth or how much it was sold yesterday (in the past) or how much it was purchased for.

If you and the seller can come to an agreed price, great! That’s the value of the card. If not, then the seller is valuing it more than you, nothing surprising. Like how much a set collector values a Charizard over a Victory Ring, or a Trophy card collector values a TMB more than a PSA 10 Charizard, everyone has their own valuation.

This might not seem helpful to many but this is actually one of the best advices I was given when dealing with very scarce cards. If you can purchase an item that you think is right at your valuation range, you’re golden, even when past sales were lower.

9 Likes

Chok is very right and more concise than most on the topic.

One thing I would advise is not to let something rare, and that you are unlikely to see again, go because of a relatively small gap in price and offer

5 Likes

Super agree with this. Sometimes you have to “overpay” for those scarce items. Say if the sellers price is 200 bucks over your price. If they won’t come down then just do it. You may be overpaying from your price point but you’ll have it and wont have to worry about it ever again! And 200 bucks in the grand scheme life isnt too much!

Agreed. I’ve had my fair share of overpaying for a few items just because of the scarcity. Thanks everyone!

I don’t think I’ve heard of this card. Does anyone have a picture/a source of where I can find a picture? I am curious to see what it looks like. Thanks!

Sure thing, here you go:

2 Likes

Thank you!! I knew that Japan had their own version of the scramble cards, but I didn’t know that they had super special cards in that set.

The English and Japanese sets are mostly the same, but the Japanese set had three additional cards released separated: the Eevee above, as well as Pachirisu and Croagunk.

To quote Bulbapedia regarding their release information:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like