Mcorey777's Graded Collection

Truly a spectacular collection and such an awesome showcase. Congratulations on the achievement and thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Awesome collection! We both share similar taste in cards. E-Series is an absolute joy to collect.

What are your thoughts on your non-PSA Feraligatr?

3 Likes

Insane! Absolutely love seeing E-series collections.

Ever consider going for the EX E-series cards (R&S, Sandstorm, Dragon, TMTA)? A lot of artwork on part with the three WOTC E-series there. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you so much @teraz @franmotard @jakester18 @mrbubbles @ddk @pulpyfan these sets took a ton of time and hard work putting together. As far as the first ex era sets I would like to go for them but there’s still so many other cards I want first.

As far as the Mana graded Expedition Feraligatr I’ll cross grade it to PSA soon. The company reached out and offered a few free grades to make a post to promote their company. The rest of the expedition holos are coming in this week and I will let you guys know once I add in the pics

5 Likes

Expedition Golem, Kingler, Ninetales and Rapidash came in today! I edited them into the Expedition section for you guys to check out! I’ll post the next update soon and I’m going to start trying to make it a weekly to bi-weekly thing! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Just realized I forgot to put Expedition Skarmory in there. Also added Expedition Poliwrath and Gym Heroes Dragonair :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just added Sabrina’s Alakazam and set up deals for abunch of the gym series cards! Definitely love setting up big deals with fellow members!

3 Likes

What a collection buddy! Thank you for sharing :smiley:

3 Likes

Not a problem. And thanks abunch! @Justln Here’s a spoiler. 1st edition Neo Revelation Houndoom and Celebi PSA 9 are on the way as well as Sabrina’s Gengar and Neo Discovery Scizor!

I also set up deals with the same guy for Misty’s Gyarados, Erika’s Venusaur, Rocket’s Scyther, Rocket’s Zapdos, Rocket’s Mewtwo, Rocket’s Moltres, Blaine’s Moltres, Blaine’s Charizard, Jungle Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon! It will take me probably 3 months to pay for everything so no more eBay searches for awhile but it will be well worth it! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

wow incredible collection! sorry if you said and i missed it, but im curious on what made you decide to start your graded collection with e-series and neo? you said you collected up to fossil as a kid before you stopped, so i was kinda surprised to see you had complete sets for e-series and neo 4, but not as much of the original sets.

2 Likes

Back in 2019 I put together a binder collection of all the wotc holos, Shinings etc. I also collected ex’s, level X’s, primes full arts etc. But sacrificed my binder collection as well as spend money from every check to build this collection.

While collecting I realized the most limited Wotc sets are Neo Destiny thru Skyridge. Base, Jungle, Fossil, Team Rocket are the heaviest printed Wotc sets. Gets lower for Gym sets. Then lower again for Neo. Then by the time you get to Neo Destiny and E series the 10s usually have a pop of 150 or less and the same for the 9s. Most of the cards you could add the PSA 10 and 9 pop together to get a total of pop 250 or so. I’d honestly suggest more people collect Wotc in reverse. And I know it’s not just me but the art for Wotc really peaks at the later sets. I like every set and appreciate their historical significance but Neo Destiny and E series also happens to be my favorites so everything kind of ties together.

Plus with how pokemon works it’s not like buying a item from Walmart. These prices go up and down or barely move. By collecting the lower pop sets I didn’t experience much of a drop off like a lot of you guys experienced with pricing. Some cards like Aquapolis Tyranitar and a few of the Neo Destiny ones are a little cheaper currently then what I bought them for but the majority of the rest of the cards are worth more then what I paid holding their value if not gaining. Which value isn’t everything in a collection but no one likes to loose their ass on the value of their collection if prices bottom out

7 Likes

This is my old collection thread for anyone curious :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I am glad you were able to build this collection to a point where you’re feeling happy with it, that’s what matters most! I absolutely agree with you about later WotC as well; the art is amazing through neo and into e-series. I am also kind of doing what you’re suggesting here; I am collecting mostly Japanese, but I started by purchasing PSA 10 Neo 4 holos that I really like. So, this summer I grabbed Dark Gengar, Light Arcanine, Dark Ampharos, Dark Espeon, and am hopefully going to grab Light Dragonite soon. Neo Destiny is definitely one of my favourites. As someone who is a bit newer and doesn’t really have a ton of vintage at all, it certainly makes sense to collect e-series/ neo first, even though I’d like to just buy everything right now lmao.

Those complete sets are awesome, it must feel great to complete something like that!

1 Like

Thank you and it definitely does! Like you see above I’ve broke my own strategy a few times for Dark Charizard, Fossil Dragonite and base set 2 which just seemed cheap coming off buying mostly $300-$500 plus cards. But knowing a good general sense of what to prioritize has definitely helped me throughout the way! I just tell myself I can always go back for the first sets whenever I want and never struggle to find copies. The Fomo everyone talks about starts to go away once you finally knock out all the main cards. I’m also getting to the point where stopping collecting to save for something like Crystal Charizard won’t be nearly as hard to do now that I’m not thinking about a million other cards I want

3 Likes

Completely agree! I HATED Base Set 2 when I was a kid but I love it now. Base set cards + cosmos holofoil is awesome!

1 Like

Awesome collection by the way!

1 Like

How do I use the gallery feature? I was trying to find it.

Just added Expedition Magby, Vileplume and Weezing as well as Neo Revelation Houndoom with a sick tail swirl!

@codytcas Thanks abunch! Ya reprints are the worst but I love swirls! Can you imagine 1st edition PSA 7 plus Base Set Charizard with a swirl!

2 Likes

On the menu for a post, it’ll be the icon with a grid. 9th from the left. Make sure you keep your image links within the div brackets so the formatting can work correctly

1 Like

Thank you! I updated everything! Took me about a hour. How’s everything look!?!

3 Likes

Looks great, nice work

1 Like