MAXMOEFOE IS BACK

Not familiar but just watched this video and he seems like a nice dude and dayyummm am I jealous of that card.

1 Like

Legend

3 Likes

Heā€™s gonna burn out again at this rate! Hopefully these were filmed over a decent space of time. Burn out sucks.

3 Likes

Massive legend

1 Like

It would seem odd to get burned out opening up PokĆ©mon cards. He gets a half million views on his videos after being MIA for almost a year. He wouldnā€™t need a full time job at all, and could even pay someone to do his editing.

So commit like an hour or 2 a day or every couple of days to plan and film the video. Then send off to the editor and publish.

He has a whole other (fully produced) show called Cold Ones, so I imagine that takes up a lot of his bandwidth.

6 Likes

Content creators have a high burn out rate. I experience it myself as a niche within niche channel.

Max is special because he can make PokĆ©mon content that isnā€™t cringe. He needs to teach us his ways! :pray:

13 Likes

Masssssssivvvveeeee LLLLeeeggggeeewnnnndddd Hhhhheeeerrrrrrreeeee

6 Likes

If you havenā€™t watched Maxā€™s content, go back a couple years and enjoy. 1 of the few people I enjoy watching open cards

1 Like

FIRE HYDRANT

1 Like

His videos are entertaining and irreverent but I donā€™t really understand how anyone can watch it and not think itā€™s very juvenile and cringe. Thatā€™s the whole point though, I guess. The good thing is that he actually keeps the camera on each card for a while, and tries to appreciate everything on some basic level but for me personally itā€™s gets a stale pretty quickly. Stuff like trashing his figures with months old baked beans or black slime was pretty bottom of the barrel stuff. I watched those and realised I am probably not his target audience lol. I do like his more novel videos like his Gyarados Snap and Japan vlogs however.

I donā€™t know how to explain it, but Max is literally the only one who can get away with it because heā€™s clearly very passionate about the hobby. He doesnā€™t seem cynical about any of it, even when he criticizes something about the hobby.

Personally, itā€™s a breath of fresh air because somehow this childrenā€™s card game can be super srs and a bit gate-keepy ā€“ and Max is neither of those.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve decided to educate myself and watch a few of MAXMOEFOEā€™s most recent videos.

A few thoughts from a new viewer:

1. Max is loud. So, so loud.
  2. I can understand why people like Max. Heā€™s personable and his comments on the cards sound informed.
  3. He makes a lot of jokes/memes that are (likely) aimed at younger audiences.
  4. Maxā€™s excitement feels genuine and not forced. There are so many Poketubers who scream at every card and it gets old so fast. Max likes to scream a lot, but at least it sounds like genuine excitement.
  5. I like Maxā€™s commentary on the card artwork. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Conclusions: I donā€™t think Max is my cup of tea. BUT I get why people like him and I understand why he is so popular among younger audiences.

12 Likes

I actually got back into PokƩmon cards because of his Sun and Moon Tag Team GX-era openings so I definitely see the appeal of his videos and can see how his approach is quite infectious,

That was a pretty long time ago now though and Max is younger than me, and the people that gravitate to his videos are probably even younger than him, so itā€™s not really a surprise I donā€™t have too much connection with his content nowadays. I tried watching his Cold Ones show once and had absolutely no idea what was going on lol.

Heā€™s entertainingā€¦ and also makes Pokemon content. Whereas the average Poketuber does pokemon contentā€¦ and tries to make it entertaining.

I can watch max open up a sealed bag of bread. Whereas most pokechannels on the tcg side are about as interesting as a bag of bread

13 Likes

If he was quieter, I think I would like him. :melting_face:

Heā€™s not my cup of tea either and his cursed thumbnails haunted my recommended videos for years when I used to watch poketuber stuff more frequently. I was a bit shocked when I saw how popular he is among E4 people the first time I encountered a discussion about him here. That said, the fact that he managed to slide into my recommended videos so often despite me never clicking on them says something about how many other people do click on them, I guess. After having seen several of his videos, still not my cup of tea but I can see how he has a loyal fanbase.

2 Likes

Youre so real for this because you know he would be talking shit on the crust, the air bubbles in the bread, the smell, and just in general being funny

While most other creators are like ā€œyeap, its bread, and smells likeā€¦ bread :woman_standing:ā€

11 Likes

I FORGOT ABOUT THIS