Master’s Key PSA 9

Hi guys I’m trying to buy a PSA 9 Master’s Key and was wondering what I should be offering for it. It’s difficult to tell because there is so little sales data but I do know a BGS 9.5 sold for $66000 some time ago. I would love some input, cheers.

1 Like

Here are some recent comps:

Maybe try $40,000 and see if anyone bites.

1 Like

Any idea how much it’d go for if sealed?

Should I maybe go $35000 cause the 9.5 went for $35000 or was that just a low end price?

The biggest barrier isn’t matching or beating previous sales, but convincing an existing owner to surrender their copy. For these types of high-end cards, you have to overpay to get the attention of owners, as most are not looking to sell.

The ones listed on eBay are much higher than these prices and will not sell anytime soon. I might recommend patiently waiting for an auction to pop up in the next few years. We are in the heyday of trophy auctions.

@Viral I have no clue. The buyer pool for these types of cards is extremely small. If there are two people that desperately need a sealed copy and haven’t found one for many years, the price could easily outperform a PSA 9.

9 Likes

If you are trying to buy directly from an owner I think 45k is a reasonable offer to make them think about it. But I would also recommend waiting for the auction as there should be at least 1 that goes in the next 2-3 years. You just have to hope a private deal didn’t go down that increased the price even more in that time frame. But those are a few things to think about.

@Dizzle has been looking for offers on his psa 9

4 Likes

Thank you sir @thundermoo for the tag haha but yes, I have a very clean 9 im still open to talking about. Feel free to dm me here or on discord or ig!

2 Likes

Ill also add this too: a lot of people have great info here about sourcing and offers too. Ive been entertaining offers for maybe a month or two now and theres really been nothing too thrilling to make me want to sell so in recent daysI went back to taking down from public view. Just kind of how it is with trophies, but yeah I can say in any debate on price its really down to what you want to pay and how bad youd want it vs how much a seller is willing to part with one. Just the name of the game there

7 Likes