Mada0's collection - life of a JP card holo addict

Love the Growlithe art! Baffles me how I still find so many cards that I’ve never seen before… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yea I’m always finding new art too! That’s the great thing about the hobby heh

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your collection!

The “slice-of-life” section in particular really stood out for me. Guess that’s because I do have a liking for slice-of-life mangas and also because some of the artworks were reprint released for the Battle Roads (Prof Oaks Visit, Bebe search etc) which I’m always on the lookout for.

1 Like

Thanks! Also great info, I did a quick search and now I know the JP holo foils were reprinted after battle roads as well! At least I have options if I decide to chase the holo versions heh.

1 Like

Jealous of your Unlimited XY 8 Chespin.

I just saw a bunch of listings on mercari, you could check it out!

Thanks, unfortunately I don’t use buyee so I can’t do Mercari.

I have a sealed UED XY 8 booster box so I will have to rest knowing that it’s in there haha.

1 Like

Am currently waiting for the remainder of my 151 set cards to arrive, I will have achieved a complete set in my books.

It will be all pokemon in pokeball reverse holo, plus every other pokemon type cards - alt art rares, ex’s etc (other than the Mew ex alt art which costs way beyond what I want to pay for), whatever full art rares I pulled from packs cause I’m not a big fan of those.

I plan to do something special to showcase these cards in my collection, am still brainstorming but keep an eye out on a future reply on my collection thread!

1 Like

The reverses are so good man. Congrats on completing the full set, it’s a real satisfying one. Part of me wants to get them all in reverse–for now I’ll be content with the ones I pulled and the rest of the commons. But man, seeing them all together is eye candy.

I was already planning on it, but seeing your slow reverses is prompting me to go check on those immediately. Need them now.

2 Likes

My pictures really do not do justice to them, when looking at them all in the binder… Man… Its crazy good, I highly recommend you do it soon! There are a few which are priced a bit higher like Pikachu, Psyduck, Magikarp but definitely not as high as the master all reverse holos haha!

1 Like

COLLECTION UPDATES

I finally got the Mew EX SAR and am calling my 151 set complete! Have laid it out into the 151 section.

Additionally, I have acquired a few other holos - promos and some other random cards. Have also rearranged some card section galleries so feel free to scroll through and take a look!

That Shinji Kanda Magmar is just absolutely fantastic. Great update and thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

1 Like

I’m not sure how to quote reply the card pictures from this post but what are the names of these two cards? I like the fishing related Pokemon cards and these look awesome! Great collection and thanks for showing!

2 Likes

Glad you enjoyed! Good question on the image reply, I noticed others have done that in the thread too! Maybe I’ll figure it out on desktop…

For the card names, in Japanese they are ハギ老人の思いやり and 釣り人.

In English it’s Old Hagi’s Compassion and Fisherman.

Shameless self-plug, I also shared my excel sheet in the original thread post, where you can find the card info displayed neatly too in case anyone wants to search for card names etc.!

1 Like

Green is good! Added this new section.

^Magical with the cosmos holo.

3 Likes

FIGHT ON - Separated these from the Misc section)

^I just love how the trio are really fighting for their lives haha

^What’s not to love about this artwork!

3 Likes

Crowd favourite!

^Got the “rookie” card! Also in person the holo almost looks like cherry blossoms really beautiful.

4 Likes

Bumping, bunch of cards added, new sections and some rearranged! Thanks for looking at this binder collector’s holo obsession!

1 Like

Major updates! In addition to new cards, I have collapsed all sections into the first post and added a table of contents for easier viewing! I have deleted the old sections (with some leftover as I have deleted too many haha…) but they can all be found above. Happy viewing!

1 Like