Lugia Neo Genesis PSA 10 1st edition value?

Hi everyone. It’s been a long time since I’ve posted on here but I am looking for some insight. Does anybody know the current market value of a 1st edition Neo Genesis Lugia PSA 10? I’m getting mixed price values from different sources. I am sure value will be hard to discern given that it hasn’t been on the public market for a while, or at least as far as I know of.

There has not been a public and/or private sale in a long time. Private sales went for ~$2,500+ last year. I know there were several people here who were looking for one earlier this year offering $3,000 to $4,500. It would be interesting to see what it would go for in an auction.

2 Likes

Theres a man fielding offers right now who says his best offer is 6k. Hope this helps

1 Like

A member here valued it at $8k+, I don’t know how true that is, but it’s not hard to believe with the prices other cards have been selling for. It’s basically the 1st Ed Base Zard of gen 2.

1 Like

I’ve got mine up for sale and highest offer was $6,000 usd, however, given the uncertainty with employment at the moment the buyer wants to wait for things to settle down before committing to such a large purchase.

I have received well over 30 offers with the lowest being $3,000 usd, I intend on putting it on eBay for a much larger price tag with best offer and see what happens

I hope this helps :blush:

4 Likes

I appreciate all the help, everyone, I just saw your post on eBay today @auscollector. Good Luck! I’ll be watching intently.

1 Like

Oh how times change so fast…

6 Likes

Must be the one jonandek bought?

I actually sold a card to that seller a couple months back on eBay, and saw he had that Lugia listed. I inquired about it and it is a 4xxx cert for anyone wondering. I told him about this forum and he said he is a member. Maybe he’ll chime in here shortly.

I can’t keep up with these prices

2 Likes

Guess I shouldn’t have sold mine for under $3K. Wow. That’s just insane…

Out of curiosity, when did you sell yours for $3k?

Over a year ago I believe. It wasn’t a bad price at the time. Don’t worry, it wasn’t any time recently! But hindsight is always 20/20 in a hobby, so. :blush:

Even Japanese neo gen lugia is selling for $300 now

5 Likes

Going to have to update your spreadsheet price :blush:. Love the videos btw big help to the community. I can’t keep up myself the market has had some big changes this year.

2 Likes

random thought, but do you think it is worth grading a psa 7 quality lugia in these times? I know most people dont care about anything less than 9s (at least people on here) but who knows how this card will stabilize

1 Like

Wait is jcincy101 Z&G? If so kudos and thanks for the great content. If not well, then I’m just all mixed up

Yep :blush:

7 Likes

Awesome!! Love your videos man. Great analysis in there for collectors and its certainly a great service to the hobby

1 Like

There are collectors that value PSA 1’s and collectors that love to collect cards that recieve an off centered grade. With all the collectors in the ho bby I am sure there are plent that want a card near mint since the cards are still great condition with the lower price tag. Since this card is wotc as well I’d say it’s definitely worth grading.

Oh yes, definitely yes. As product becomes more scarce we will realize what’s the norm in most hobbies: even PSA 6 becomes acceptable for certain cards. It will take time for sure but as you see, the PSA 10’s (and even some 9) are reaching the point where several collectors just can’t or don’t want to dish out x amount of money.

Even so for lightly played-played cards without grading.

1 Like