WTB 1st Edition Neo Genesis Lugia

I’m looking to buy a 1st Edition Strong (No overlooked print lines, scratches or whitening) PSA 10 Neo Genesis Lugia. Also looking for the same with 1st Ed Neo Revelation Ho-oh PSA 10.

Lugia $4500
Ho-oh $800

That 1st Ed. Lugia is creeping around 10k and up

Yes Lugia is like a no-go

Let a man shoot his shot, sometimes Hail Marys hit their mark.

11 Likes

I’ve got a ho-oh for sale but after $1,000usd shipped from aus

4 Likes

Send it my dude! The worst can that happen is that nobody bites. I respected this response!

4 Likes

I feel like a lot of people are waiting to see what happens to the two Lugia’s on the market already on eBay before being conclusive about price (potential future sellers included). It’s a bit hard to gauge value on them right now. Good luck!

1 Like

I am. I just have tehm watched to see what someone actually purchases them at. Obviously these cost jumps aren’t good for buyers but they’re extremely fun to watch for those who have been collecting.

It’s like waiting for a new episode of a show… like, what is the next card to explode? I see someone is trying to sell a Ho-Oh for $5k too. Love this! :grin:

2 Likes

FWIW, rumor has it one of the sellers on ebay turned down a $5k offer without even countering

PSA 9 Lugia has to be around a 1k+ card now right?

Good luck with your quest for the 10!

1 Like

Before you read further, I have the lugia you are describing. However, I am not looking to sell right now. Easily one of my favorite cards and the whole set is almost as perfect. Easily my best purchase ever. Either way, this is just an inquiry for my own purposes.

Not sure if this is a frowned upon thing in this community, but would you legitimately spend 4500$ on the card? I’m just floored that I own something that expensive if so. Sorry, if this is frowned upon. I can’t imagine it actually selling for 10k, but maybe that’s just because I’m new on this forum.

2 Likes

Welcome to 2020 haha. But in all seriousness, this is definitely one of the most sought after cards in the Neo sets and is a pain to grade. The 9 goes for ~$600 and the PSA 9:10 grading ratio is pretty poor, so yep it’s definitely a 5 digit card!

2 Likes

Value on a card like this since it hasn’t sold in a long time is based on what the buyer is willing to pay and what the seller is willing to sell at. 10k is not impossible especially as time goes on and no sales are made and it remains unavailable on the market. The only one currently available it’s apparent the seller is in no rush to sell and will wait till he or she receives an offer they are willing to work with. Since no other sellers are on the market as well that seller can also place any value they deem fit for the card which is why it’s listed very high in value.