Lost PSA Return (FedEx)

Hello, about two week ago my return was shipped out of PSA using FedEx. I was really looking forward to my cards since they completed some sets I’ve been trying to put together, most being super low pop cards since the cards I grade no one really cares for. The tracking for my package said it would arrive on the 8th of February, so I waited but when it arrived at the “Destination Facility” it stopped moving and tracking hasn’t updated since. This was on the 7th. I waited a couple days to give my package time but after those days I got worried and called FedEx customer support to check on it. They created a ticket and told me they would look for it. Fast forward today nothing since so I tried calling again and the customer rep got into contact with the person who runs the facility and was told the package was no where to be found and recommended me to contact the shipper to file a claim. I sent PSA and email about what had transpired and will likely call tomorrow morning just so I can get the process started sooner than later.

My question is do I have a chance of getting my return? If the package is indeed lost will PSA just reimburse me for the price I listed when submitting or will it also include the fees? Did an employee steal it (worst case)?

I would just like to get a more experienced members take on this and what I should do or what I should expect. When submitting cards should I just put the maximum allowed value in case this happens again? Honestly what hurts the most is that these were cards I only had one of and I probably will not be able to find another anytime soon for a decent price :cry: Any advice is welcomed. Thanks for reading!

PS if you just want to throw some more sad stories here that’d be cool too as misery loves company and so on.

1 Like

Really sorry that you’re dealing with this, @mrpandachum.

Do I have a chance of getting my return?

Yes, absolutely. During the craziness of the early pandemic shipping, I waited at least a month for a package that I thought was lost forever. Turns out that most packages are not lost forever, just for an extended period of time until they are rediscovered.

If the package is indeed lost will PSA just reimburse me for the price I listed when submitting or will it also include the fees?

PSA will refund you the declared value before grading. I do not believe that they would reimburse grading fees, but I am not certain.

Did an employee steal it (worst case)?

Possible, but unlikely. I imagine that it is sitting somewhere waiting to be found.

3 Likes

I hope that is the case. I mean I feel like the pandemic shipping crisis isn’t a big of a deal anymore at least here in the states but I can hope its just somewhere in the building since the box dimensions are the small box that PSA regularly uses.

If that is the case I’ll probably put max value (ie PSA 10 value) on all my cards going forward cause it sucks if I just lose the grading fee and the cards and all I get is the value listed on the sheet.

In addition to claiming insurance, I would suggest bugging FedEX. Try to speak to upper management if possible and call back regularly. If you become a huge nuisance, they may actually look harder for your package.

2 Likes

I had a couple nightmare packages with FedEx, which ultimately were delivered. Here is their customer service discord which was very helpful: FedEx

4 Likes

Fedex lost a package for me in May 2022.

After 8 weeks PSA covered my stated value of the cards + grading fee and shipping.

In September Fedex delivered the package to me and I was given an option by PSA to keep the cards or the money. I paid back the money and kept the cards, as the value to me was much better with the cards.

5 Likes