Looking for advice!

Hey there, I recently was going through my old mon cards and I stumbled up a weird one. It’s from the Rising Rivals 2009, and it’s ESPEON 71/111 but the image is a Pokemon Snap Nidoran. When looking for more information online I can not find much about the rarity of this card. I want to send it to PSA for grading and such but not sure the worth. Any information will help.

This card is most likely fake and worth nothing.

1 Like

It looks pretty legit and there was a couple of those Pokemon card articles that claim only 10 or so made, the card appears to be legit, size, corners, and holo front.

Anywhere I could contact or take to be sure? My local city doesn’t do Pokemon card anywhere.

www.supercheats.com/articles/540/ten-pokemon-cards-that-could-be-worth-a-fortune/2

Can you upload a picture of this? I am confused as to how this could happen.

1 Like

That card is fake.

https://instagram.com/p/BT2F-bTFVqU

I don’t know about this Espeon card, but the person who wrote that article has no idea what they’re talking about.

1 Like

Sad days. Well thank you guys for clearing it up :blush:)

From Bulbapedia.

Rising Rivals
Luxray GL LV.X: The 2009 World Championships version of this card shows the copyright date is both 2008 and 2009, with the eight and nine overlapping.
Nidoran♀: In extremely rare cases, the card’s name was stated as “Espeon” Only 9 or 8 of these have been said to have released.

I’ll buy it for $30 if you want to sell it :blush:

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:022151_P_NIDORAN.jpg

But yea after looking it is likely fake. The color is off and if the error was Japanese it might have been corrected before the English print.

I wouldn’t want to sell it if it’s a fake. Wouldn’t feel right about it. Wasn’t sure if it could be legit or not. But from the general consensus it appears to be fake.

Well if you change your mind I’m a gambling man lol. If nothing else it’s a cool piece of fan art.

1 Like

Well if you really want it I’m down.

Sure I’ll PM you my paypal email and you can send me an invoice.

1 Like

Not so sure about that $4000 charmeleon on this article. Could be worth more…

Would really to know who put the Espeon error on the bulbapedia and any sources they have, sounds like a children’s myth to me.

2 Likes

I agree. Horrible grammar in that description.

who write that evan worst than lad bible i get people dont know everything about pokemon but bloody hell shadowless char wroth $4000

1 Like