List of all TCG cards that exist for a specific Pokémon

I was just considering doing this for totodile, but wasn’t entirely sure where to begin gathering information. Where did you get all of yours?

I’ll put it on my TODO list. And I always use the same method when making my lists:

1. Go to the “Pokémon TCG” page on Bulbapedia (Totodile TCG in this case)
  2. Open each individual link in the Card column and look at the Release Information and sets mentioned at the right side for all English and Japanese cards
  3. Add the additional Japanese / English cards to the list that aren’t mentioned on Bulbapedia (MATCHPRINT cards; some sample prints; 1st edition differences; EX era codes; ©1999-2000 for the Base Set, Spanish Base Set, Fossil set; Teach Set cards; etc. etc.)
  4. Look at the Error cards page on Bulbapedia and CTRL+F for the Pokémon, and add those as well.
  5. Go to the World Championships Deck page on Bulbapedia, open each link, and CTRL+F for the Pokémon (these aren’t mentioned on the individual card’s pages for some reason)
  6. Search for the Pokémon name plus “KTCG” for all Korean releases mentioned on Bulbapedia
  7. See if some of the XY, SM, and SwSh era sets are released in Korean by searching for them on pokemoncard.co.kr/cards (with the Korean Pokémon name from Bulbapedia)
  8. Go to en.pokemoncardmarket.eu and look in which languages the cards are available (although for loads of sets I either already know due to my other collections, or earlier lists I’ve made). And sometimes I open other cards from the same sets to double-check some less common languages that aren’t too often for sale on CardMarket, like Spanish or Portuguese.
  9. Go to the First Impact page and corresponding decks to add all Thai cards, and do something similar for all Indonesian and Chinese Sun & Moon & Sword & Shield era cards. (These days I usually just search for the Pokémon name plus “ATCG” or “CTCG”/“TTCG”/“ITCG” on Bulbapedia.)

Sounds like a lot of work. Well, it kinda is. :blush: Most lists of gen 1 or 2 Pokémon I make in 45-75 minutes.

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

Hi @cross , the Totodile list is done. A total of 210 unique TCG cards.
If you see anything missing or incorrect, let me know. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

You’re literally my new favorite person. Thank you!

1 Like

Just wow at everything.

Time and interest permitting, would you be able to create lists for Wailmer and Wailord?

Would love to see if I missed anything.

And how do we contribute to your coffee fund?

I used your Magikarp list before I signed up and was grateful for the research.

2 Likes

@magiwailord I’ll put it on my TODO list. Might have some time tomorrow to make at least one of the two lists, perhaps both.

And no need for a coffee fund, since I don’t drink coffee, haha. :grin: I don’t need anything in return for it, I’m just glad I can help other collectors, and at the same time I usually learn something new myself while making the lists.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

@quuador
By now how many of the Pokémon have you completed? I’m always surprised to hear there’s another Pokémon you haven’t done yet :joy: I just assume that by now every single Pokémon has been done.

Mjisaacs

Haha, no, not all of them yet. These two lists are the 58th and 59th of the total 809 Pokémon that have cards thus far. :wink:

@magiwailord Your lists are done:

If you see any mistakes or cards missing, let me know. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

@exomemphiz Your Porygon list is done: a total of 218 unique Porygon TCG cards as far as I know. I was unable to find any artworks featuring Porygon unfortunately.

If you see anything missing or incorrect, let me know. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Wow, that was incredibly fast… O.o
Thank you so much, I’ll be setting up something to keep track of what I have ^^

1 Like

You are wonderful and generous with your time and skills.

I will check lists and let you know if I see anything different!

2 Likes

I’m almost curious to see if you can come up with different Voltorbs and Electrodes than what I currently have haha

1 Like

Haha, I think my lists will be lacking one or more cards you have in your checklist. But will add them on my TODO list for next weekend. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Hello Quuador,

In the event your queue is not heavy and you would not mind looking, could you please take a stab at Snorlax and Munchlax?

I was thinking those might be tricky with the number of promos they have but I saw you collect Pikachu sooooo… LOL

1 Like

Will also add them to my TODO list. I won’t have time for them upcoming weekend due to Easter, and with the Voltorb/Electrode having priority in the queue, but will let you know when the lists are done (probably 2-3 weeks from now).

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

@quuador, Added Portuguese EX Unseen Forces reverse and non-Holo to the Porygon list :blush:

1 Like

Thanks, added them as well. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

Hi @tonysandlin . The Voltorb list is done. Since it took quite a while, I’m done for today, so the Electrode list will come later.

Here is the list. A total of 349 unique Voltorb TCG cards that I’m aware of. I’m curious to see which ones are missing if you compare it to your list (or which ones might be missing from your list instead perhaps :wink: ).

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Great! Thank you so much for taking a look through this. Here are the missing cards that I found:

Aquapolis Voltorb 64/147 non holo and reverse holo for English, Italian, German, French.
Aquapoilis Votorb 34/92 1ED and UED Japanese
Portuguese EX Team Rocket Returns 80/149 non-Holo code 9BQ-39U-40P
Portuguese EX Team Rocket Returns 80/149 non-Holo code 9BQ-39U-K3X
Portuguese EX Team Rocket Returns 80/149 non-Holo code 9BQ-39U-SQG
Portuguese EX Team Rocket Returns 80/149 Reverse Holo
Japanese Clash at the Summit 025/080 Reverse Holo 1st edition
Japanese Clash at the Summit 025/080 Reverse Holo UED
Spanish Boundaries Crossed 51/149 Reverse Holo - You have it listed that there is no RH for this set, but I have one.

Other notes

Here are the Japanese codes for the ex era cards.
Japanese Undone Seal 040/083 non-Holo: EJN-T92-C66, F3X, NB5, P0P
Japanese Flight of Legends 041/082 non-Holo: 2E6-A8A-J3X, STD, 0SG, 6YP
Japanese Rocket Gang Strikes Back 035/084 non-Holo: 209-H7A-ESG, DPY, 09D, 71K

Japanese Holon Research Tower non-Holo 031/086 1st edition (no idea if and how many codes the Japanese Uncommons have; possibly 2 or 3) — As far as I’m aware, there is only one code for this card: AN3-NZN-7LA

Italian and French EX Delta Species 71/113 Reverse Holo has an identical code to one of the non holos: C7L-EGA-TRG. This is different from the RH in German and English: C7L-EGA-V7B. I’m not aware of any other code.

Portuguese EX Legend Maker 68/92 Reverse Holo - I’ve been unable to find evidence of RH cards from the Portuguese EX Legend Maker set. If you have seen any, please let me know!

Spanish Secret Wonders 117/132(not sure if Spanish Reverse Holos exist for this set, but I think not) - I have not found any evidence of Reverse Holos for this set.

What are these cards you are referring to?

Italian Shining Legends 30/73 Reverse Holo Dark Yellow misprint (not sure if it exists without misprint)
Japanese Family Pokémon Card Game 020/051 non-Holo UED number error (Japanese 1st editions no longer exist since Sun & Moon) (not sure if the number error exists for Voltorb; I’ve seen Pikachu, Psyduck, Clefairy, Jynx, and Potion with this error thus far)

1 Like

Awesome, thanks a lot for the feedback!

Woops, must have accidentally slipped past me since there are two Aquapolis Voltorb in the set. Added them.

Ah, so they do exist! I wasn’t 100% sure, and I had actually ordered a Portuguese card from CardMarket just yet because I wanted to know once and for all if they do/don’t exist. Thanks for confirming!

Ah of course, L2… My bad.

Woops… I actually have the Pikachu in RH as well for this Spanish set, haha. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the codes, added them.

Hmm ok, so only Commons have different codes in Japanese?

Ah, I never mention the RH codes, since they’re usually just one code anyway. It does remind me a bit of the EX Emerald Battle Frontier trainer card (which contains a Seviper in its artwork and is therefore part of my Seviper collection). The French, German, and Italian versions have a RH with code 2SC-NZB-IJA, and non-Holos with codes 2SC-NZB-IJA and 2SC-NZB-1E1. In English I haven’t been able to find the code 2SC-NZB-IJA on a non-Holo and I’m pretty sure it doesn’t exist. And in Portuguese I haven’t been able to find the code 2SC-NZB-1E1 on a non-Holo (although I have the feeling it might exist after all, and my Brazilian contact is still looking for it).

Ah ok, I wasn’t completely sure, but I guess the RH doesn’t exist then. I’ve removed it from the list. I do know that the Portuguese set lack the Secret Rare Pikachu, which is why I only recently found out this set exists in Portuguese at all.

Yeah, thought so, but wasn’t 100% sure.

Ah oops, you can scratch this… I’ve confused it with the Italian Crimson Invasion RH… My Italian Shining Legends RH is also the regular yellow. For the English RH Pikachus from both Shining Legends and Crimson Invasion I have both a light and dark yellow variant (in person it’s much more clear to see than on this picture… But if you looks at the Pikachus themselves, the left one is darker than the right one):

For my Italian Crimson Invasion RH I’ve only been able to find the darker variant however, even after buying like 10+ copies. Not sure if the lighter RH variant exists in Italian. I’ve removed that comment from the list.

Not 100% sure if it’s a misprint, but some cards have a number on top of the set symbol. From what I’ve heard, only some Energy cards should have had this number, and the other were accidentally misprinted like this. But it’s also possible there are just two variations. Anyway, here an example of a card with and without number as reference of what I’m talking about:

I’ve searched a bit on Yahoo Japan auctions just yet, and was only able to find the Pikachu, Psyduck, Clefairy, Jynx, and Potion with the additional numbers on top of the set symbol (and two Energy cards). I also already had the Pikachu incoming from eBay, which I purchased at the start of this week.

Thanks again for the feedback. I mostly made errors, which is what you get for making this entire list in about 1.5 hours. :wink: Hopefully this Family Pokémon Card Game Voltorb exists with a number at the set symbol as well, then I might have at least contributed one card for your collection, hehe. :grin:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like