Charizard Card List With Original Art

Hello, I am in the process of collecting all of the English Charizard cards with the original artwork. Am I missing any that you guys can see?

1. First Edition Base
  2. Shadowless Base
  3. Unlimited Base
  4. Base 2
  5. Base 1999-2000
  6. Jumbo CoroCoro
  7. Staff Pre-Release Evolutions
  8. Pre-Release Evolutions
  9. Evolutions
  10. Evolutions Reverse Foil
  11. Legendary Collection Non-Holo
  12. Legendary Collection Reverse Foil
  13. Legendary Collection
  14. Legendary Collection Boxtopper
  15. Stormfront
1 Like

If you mean original artwork as in all the sets the Pokemon has been featured in, here’s a general list: bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charizard_(TCG)

If you’re looking for every variation, @quuador made a thread about different types here: www.elitefourum.com/t/list-of-all-tcg-cards-that-exist-for-a-specific-pokemon/16709/1

2 Likes

He means the identical Charizards pose as in Base Set.

3 Likes

Thanks for the help! Yeah, I was being specific to the different print runs of the original artwork that was featured on the first card.

There is jumbo charizord
images.app.goo.gl/H9vEvrKnb2RrXbho6

And legendary collection boxtopper charizord
images.app.goo.gl/sZ2GQVExqiB7cFkZ8

And if you’re feeling ambitious, there is Stormfront charizord with remastered original art
images.app.goo.gl/o2nDcoUzhNhBpyN96

3 Likes

Thanks! Adding them to my list. The last one might be a bit of a stretch but it counts lol.

Im not experienced with the Legendary Collection. What is the difference between the boxtopper and the reverse holo?

When you open the LC box, the boxtopper is sitting loose on top. It is bigger than a regular card and has the set checklist on the back

2 Likes

It’s too good to leave out even if it’s a stretch.

1. UK Unlimited Base
  2. Base 2000

These are the same thing?

3 Likes

Thanks for the correction. I thought so but I wasn’t sure so I was waiting for someone to correct me.

1 Like

You now have all of them a.f.a.i.k. The only thing that comes to mind are error variations, like for 1st edition Base Set the differentiation between Thick/Thin/Grey 1st edition stamps (some more information in this article). And for the XY Evolutions Holofoil (#9 in your list) the Holo Bleed version, which is quite common to find for XY Evolution Holofoil rares (usually I don’t mention errors like this, because it can technically happen for any card, but for the sets XY Evolution and Secret Wonders there are loads of Holo Bleeds available).

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like