List of All Pokemon TCG Cameos (English)

I understand! Again, greatly appreciate the work you did. I saw your thread and immediately bought like a dozen cards, ha!

I couldn’t find a similar list for Japanese cameos on the forum. I wonder if someone did a list for specifically Eevee/Eeveelution cameos on the Japanese side

Shining Fates and Battle Styles update;

Shining Fates
035 - Trumbeak, Shuckle
036 - Rookidee, Snubbull
066 - Starly
069 - Galarian Linoone
070 - Eevee (costume)
071 - Rookidee

Battle Styles017 - Kubfu (dojo sign)
023 - Pignite
036 - Octillery
060 - Kubfu (dojo sign)
076 - Kubfu (dojo sign)
120 - Sinistea
132 - Kubfu (tower sign, clothes)
134 - Kubfu (tower sign)
137 - Kubfu (tower sign)
138 - Kubfu (tower sign)
146 - Falinks, Mienfoo
155 - Pignite
170 - Arrokuda, Cramorant, Corviknight, Clobbopus

Also, a question; should all Drakloak and Dragapult cards be listed as Dreepy cameos?

1 Like

Excellent resource. Any Japanese list should come with a spoiler disclaimer for species collectors that sometimes it is better not to eat from the Tree of Knowledge at the cost of your bank account. Ignorance is bliss!

3 Likes

Stumbled upon another one - Cofagrigus (Lost Thunder 100);

Natu, Rowlet, Riolu, :thinking:

Not sure about the back left jar. Totodile?

3 Likes

Are you sure it’s riolu, looks like piplup to me :thinking: other one might be totodile indeed

Thanks to @nish 's great scans, I just realized that Bebe’s Search has not just one, but TWO cameos:

There’s Glameow and at first I just thought the mug was a random face or maybe Mr. Mime, but the face didn’t really line up.

Until it dawned on me that it’s Happiny!

6 Likes

I didn’t notice that either lmao, good find!

1 Like

Looks like a Riolu to me. Also maybe the ‘Totodile’ is a Char? I’m thinking Charizard.

I really can’t find riolu there :E only thing that could be riolu for me is that mask but it’s shape still doesn’t fit very well imo, the round form, the beak and since the jar part is lower than the others it looks like to have arm/wing on the side and they all point to piplup at least for me. Also that other jar on the back, all the others are some small and cute pokemon so charizard or charmeleon would feel a bit out of place and charmander that isn’t, so not sure of that either :thinking:

As as addition - the imagery doesn’t make sense for it to be a Charmander or Charizard. Crocodiles were symbolic due to the Nile in Egypt so it makes sense to think it’s Totodile. The features of the nose, placement of the eyes, etc. make sense for that.

At first I thought the last one was a bird Pokemon, but none of the markings match up. Riolu makes sense imagery wise for Ancient Egyptian iconography and the face markings, horns, and the ears (that look almost like wings on the statue) matches perfectly.

It’s Totodile, Riolu, Natu, and Rowlet. Crocodile, Dog, Bird, Owl - all common iconography for Egypt.

2 Likes

The egypt theme sure is fitting if you think that way, i guess i have to accept it is riolu even though i still can’t find him there :grin:

1 Like

@joponnes,
The wing things are those floppy ears riolu has. You can also see one of its horns (or are they more ears?) at the top, and its mask.
@azulryu,
And yeah, I get what your saying about the Totodile and not Charizard. It seems way to cutesy to be Charizard now that I look at it again. The Egypt theme makes perfect sense.

1 Like

It is definitely Riolu. You seem to be mistaking its ear for “arms/wings.” The “beak” you see is Riolu’s nose. The top of the jar is in the shape of Riolu’s head.

Not sure who the top left could be. I could see Charmander. Totodile doesn’t seem quite right. The snout seems like it would come out further if it was Totodile.

1 Like

Ya, i think the shape of its head now gives it up for me too, but for some reason the nose/beak thingy always twists it into piplup for me so i can recognise it as riolu only when i cover it with my finger :grin:

I can definitely see what you are seeing. Since that nose is kinda pointy it looks like a beak. Once your brain sees “the beak” the whole shape looks like a round little owl. But it’s Riolu’s head for sure.

1 Like

Detective Pikachu Arcanine has 2 technical cameos:

The Police Department symbol showcases both Victini and Charizard:

4 Likes

@JoshsOddCollection,
Hey I want to confirm on the Mimikyu from Cosmic Eclipse 245, to remove Eevee as a cameo for the sewing needle. I completely agree with this, just noticed it was removed from your list at some point and wanted to confirm. For awhile there, people thought it was an Eevee and a Pikachu as the sewing needles.

1 Like

I also would like clarification on this.
Currently im not including it as i dont see the eevee on there personally.
But always open to opinions

@eeveeteam @launcestoneeveeman I can confirm that there is NOT an Eevee in Cosmic Eclipse 245 :blush:

1 Like

@JoshsOddCollection, hey also just noticed you removed Eevee from Pokémon Communication 152b. Now that you removed it, my vision suddenly can no longer see the Eevee in the card. Did you update that card cameo list to remove Eevee?