List of All Known TCG Major Holo Shift Cards (Misaligned Holos)

Looks clean, great job on the formatting!

4 Likes

Thanks for your dedication!

3 Likes

Great thread, i love these white layer shifts. One i actually do not agree with is the legendary collection reverse holo Exeggcute because that one is not a shift but a programming mistake. I do feel that reverse holos can be added here because they can also have a shifted white layer but then only when the entire layer is shifted and with exeggcute that is not the case. At least that’s my opinion, anyways great work! :smile:

Edit: i don’t know if you add pictures of people who are not owners but i know of two different Japanese southern islands togepi that where posted on the gotta misprint em all facebook page. If you look for them you should find em. Or i can also

5 Likes

Super cool thread, thanks for all the work you put into this!

If you want you can add my Flygon and Arceus from Brilliant Stars I posted in this thread:

2 Likes

Have to say this is a quality post, me and my dog in minecraft all like this.

2 Likes

Why do you say that the Legendary Collection Exeggcute is a programming mistake? I would love to know more about this since, to my knowledge, there has never been a legendary collection uncut sheet leaked.

If I find those cards you mentioned I will add them, thanks!

1 Like

Holo shifts are caused by the white ink spot color layer that blocks the holo from showing through. In most examples, the entire white layer is offset from all the other layers during the printing process

The exeggcute however is only “shifted” on the energies. This indicates that card is being printed properly but there was a mistake made when designing the cards. That is, the white underneath the energies and the colour layers of the energies are not aligned properly in the digital file before it even gets to the printer. It’s basically the same concept as the evolution box error on fossil Zapdos.

I wouldn’t remove the Exeggcute from this list but I would say it’s fundamentally different from all the other shifts

5 Likes

@pfm actually gave a good explanation but I thought I could post this picture as an example. When there is a white layer shift for these reverses it is visible everywhere that this layer is printed and not only near the energy symbols. It can also happen with the Exeggcute offcoarse. ^^ The card in picture only has a tiny shift but you can see what i mean, also it is not my card.

4 Likes

Ah that makes sense, so everything on the card would be holo shifted if it wasn’t a programming mistake, like the info bar underneath the image itself. Thanks for the explanation!

1 Like

The photo helps explain it, thank you!

1 Like

Another legendary shift error im liking that a lot. If you see any others or anyone does please post them.

2 Likes

I remember this major shift PSA 8 Shining Tyranitar selling about ~4 months ago by our very own @TCAGaming.

I checked to see if this slab was previously noted on the thread, and I couldn’t find it. My apologies if it has already been documented.

1 Like

This is actually an incomplete holo, not a holo shift. Notice how the holo is not shifted above Tyranitar’s head :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for clarifying that, @JoshsOddCollection!

2 Likes

Here’s my newest holo shift that just arrived :grin:

As well as others i have seen while looking for these around the internet

9 Likes

I almost joined the bidding on that southern islands mew i chatted with the seller but decided against it in the end its really really nice. Never seen an ancient mew like that so thats great seeing aswell. I also know @joponnes will love seeing one particular one.

4 Likes

Well that muk is just absolutely pure filth, at moments like this i blame myself for not going for bitcoin 10 years ago :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

First time seeing that Muk, awesomene

5 Likes

Here is my latest holo shift, A German Dark Tyranitar. Y’all will hate me for this, but I paid $40 AUD total for this beauty :grin:

I also have this card on the way, i’m not too sure if this is minor or major, as i have never seen one of this length. I think it’s just too small to be called major but would love second opinions.

And of course, others I have seen looking for these around the internet

I did confirm that this mew is different from mine.

Also here’s a fake card i saw awhile back on ebay, (misspelled illustrator, wrong holo pattern)

9 Likes

Was the blastoise for sale? @smpratte was looking for one.