List of All Known TCG Major Holo Shift Cards (Misaligned Holos)

I have a very unique pikachu holo shift but I’m trying to find a a market for it

check my avatar pic that’s the pikachu that I own
its flipped and there’s a shadow of him underneath

A Zapdos for the archive. Also noting that Dark Weezing is a fake. Someone made fake holo shifts with Team Rocket cards and incorrect holo pattern.

3 Likes

Oh also a Japanese Dark Ampharos for the archive

5 Likes

I’m so glad the only Gyarados one is Azul’s, no need to go bankrupt again

The Espeon isn’t too obvious but there’s a millimeter shift on the left border. The lower ear and tail have a small white outline.

Saw this one on reddit, seems to be from same sheet as the other Gengar.

1 Like

To also contribute to this thread with another (too expensive) Pikachu:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

The posts from the other thread have been moved here!

2 Likes

Anyone know generally how rare it is to have a misaligned holo be found on a TCG card? I think it’s at least rare enough to where you’d likely miss out on seeing one irl, but don’t really know for sure.

1 Like

For WotC I’d say they’re extremely rare. I’ve only seen a handful of duplicates and this thread does a good job of showing what’s been discovered. But who knows what’s lurking out there. I’ve only been in the game a couple of years so maybe someone with more experience can comment.

For modern, English Celebrations and Japanese Pokemon Go are easier to find holo/texture shifts.

Thanks for the Espeon ^^

The Sabrina’s Gengar you have actually isn’t a holo shift, but an ink error :smiley: You can tell based on the holo not extending past the yellow border on the bottom or right side of the card.

3 Likes

If you look closely you can see that this is actually the same image in my original post, I just cropped it :slight_smile: Unfortunately not a second Gengar :frowning:

2 Likes

Wait, really? The Gengar one got graded a CGC 8.5. So unfortunately the guy claiming to own this may be trying to scam with old photos :confused:

1 Like

Yep, you can see the wood texture around it. Do you have the cert of the graded one?

2 Likes

My bad, was an 8 not 8.5. I’m don’t have other pictures saved :disappointed:

5 Likes

Thank you for the info. I’m starting to learn more about these and see what you’re describing.

Because Gengar’s normal card has a hazy translucent outline around his body, it makes sense that too much white ink fills in the outline and becomes solid. With this said, is the white print layer shifted to the right? Compared to normal cards, Gengar’s outline and the left side of the holo appear to be ~2mm offset.

Also, do you want to include texture shifts as well? My pikachu and shiny Rookidee aren’t technical holo shifts either as I have just realized :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Here’s an Articuno from Facebook

11 Likes

I don’t know enough about the printing layers to say what happened with the ink on that Gengar :slight_smile: Perhaps someone else in this thread knows more.

I think I want to keep texture shifts separate, but I’m not entirely sure. I don’t really know anything about modern cards. Is it possible to have a holo shift without a texture shift on textured cards?

4 Likes

Good news everyone, I just finished basically remaking this list from the ground up.

Cards are now categorized by sets which need to be individually expanded (helps you not get blasted by 100 images when the page loads).

I added a TON of new cards that haven’t been posted by others before, grabbing them from all over the place (ebay, Facebook, web-sleuthing, CGC cert guessing, etc).

I spent around 20 hours on this update so I hope you all enjoy, and as always, happy collecting! :smiley: Looking forward to the cards that we find in the future.

6 Likes