Leonhart robbed

As much as I dislike the thumbnails he does for YouTube, no one deserves to get robbed :rage::rage: I Was Robbed... - YouTube

2 Likes

It sucks! But I would never leave cash or valuables in a car (it’s just asking for trouble).

2 Likes

Unlucky… Could’ve been worse tho, glad he was not injured or anything.

1 Like

@jakew1992,@0ean,

I agree on both - yes his thumbnails are ridiculous, and no one deserves this. Hope they find the perps. My kids like watching him.

4 Likes

This really sucks, I hope he’s able to just brush it off and continue on as normal.

In some ways I’m relieved it was just a cash robbery and not a Pokémon one as my first thought when opening the thread was that it may have been a targeted attack by someone who knew about his collection because of his YouTube channel.

4 Likes

I dont suppose anyone knows the amount of cash that was stolen?

@pichufan
Strange, before seeing the video I was also thinking someone had taken all the products which were reserved for that $3.99/pack event. :confounded:

Glad it wasn’t targeted and not his house.

2 Likes

Isn’t he a former lawyer?

1 Like

That would very unfortunate if they were targeting him, but I’m honestly not surprised we don’t see more of these robberies.
Card N all gaming was robbed at gun point, there’s some FB and IG stories about thefts.
I’m glad my stuff is at at the bank now.

I like his attitude about the whole situation. Hopefully his loss will helps other collectors, investors, etc be more vigilant.

1 Like

Terrible news, glad he didn’t get hurt.

3 Likes

Leonhart is somewhat burning the goodwill he had accumulated up until this point for being so dang clickbaity now. That video was not necessary and thumbnail overly dramatic.

3 Likes

I don’t really care for the guy, and you could argue that he airs his drama on YouTube for clicks (missing charizard card, now this), but that doesn’t mean that it needs to actually be said. If I were robbed, then I wouldn’t be in the mood to have people to call me out like this.

1 Like

I think you just need to remember that Leonhart is a content creator first and a Pokémon collector second. I completely understand why he’d make a clickbaitey video in this situation. He’s making lemonade out of lemons. His videos can be enjoyable for the serious collector, but we aren’t his target audience.

EDIT: After watching the video I find it quite odd that he’s saying the cash stolen was going to be used buy sealed booster boxes (plural) for his pop shop. So probably mid five figures in cash. He doesn’t strike me as someone silly enough to leave that kind of money in a car unattended (he says the car was broken into, ie burglarized, not robbed with him in the vehicle).

12 Likes

If I were a Youtuber that just got robbed, I probably wouldn’t be in the mood to post a video about it.

2 Likes

But what if that video was monetized and got a lot of views?

2 Likes

Conversation can continue here www.elitefourum.com/t/the-content-creator-megathread/32066/1

1 Like