Legends Arceus and BDSP - New Trailers

Frenzied Pokémon nobles | Pokémon Legends: Arceus - YouTube Get the freshest news about Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl! - YouTube

Arceus looks like shit, excited for DP remake tho

4 Likes

One of the concerns I had with Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl was how they were going to reintroduce HMs. Gen 4 was notorious for needing a ridiculous amount of hidden moves to progress in the games. This comment from the Pokemon site put my worries at ease.

“The Pokétch allows you to call on wild Pokémon to help you out. They’ll use hidden moves like Cut to chop down trees that block your way, or Rock Climb to scale steep cliffs. The Hidden Moves app makes it possible for you to go places you could never reach on your own.”

I appreciate how they did this since now players can focus on diversifying their team instead of being restricted by needing specific types of Pokemon with a limited amount of move slots. Overall, BDSP is looking to be a good pretty remake and I’m excited to pick it up in about a month and a half.

Legends Arceus on the other hand… Every time they show more information for this game, I get more and more excited. It honestly looks like it’s going to be a lot of fun! Hopefully it’ll be worth the two vacation days I put in for it’s release :slightly_smiling_face:

What are your thoughts?

3 Likes

Arceus still looking like Breath of the Wild with a fraction of the gameplay mechanics. I really hope to be proven wrong but from what they have revealed, there really is not much outside of riding pokemon, rolling and throwing things. Maybe the Pokemon battle mechanic will be ok but I feel it’s so counter to the open world concept.

1 Like

Can you elaborate on this? The Pokemon battle mechanic being the standard battles that we’re used to or the new boss battles with the frenzied pokemon?

Graphically, Arceus still looks pretty rough. BotW really set my expectations for Pokemon at a comparably developed open-world game. Seems like it’s going to be well short of that. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I will, of course, still buy it.

1 Like

the one where you stop moving and it appears to just become a turn-based game

Hmm, I didn’t consider that stopping to battle in a turn based format could potentially slow the momentum of the game. Especially when you contrast it with Breath of the Wild.

Wow Arceus looks exactly like a reskinned BOTW lol

1 Like

I’m really hoping arceus gets the no man sky treatment and gets to a playable state with updates, cuz it aint gonna be there on release.

i like the pocket sand, but i also want to deal some punches. some of these 'mons need a beating for real.

Originally I was really excited for Legends and indifferent towards the Diamond/Pearl remakes. The more I see, the more convinced I’m going to buy D/P but not Legends. I don’t care much about how a game looks, but for such a big game… Legends looks like a Wii game… kind of hard to look past. BDSP looks fantastic!

1 Like

I’m excited for Arceus. It won’t be as good as BoTW but it’s a much needed step in the right direction for Gamefreak

I agree this is a step forward compared to the abomination S&S was, hope the release is as exciting as the trailer.

It’s not the 200 base speed, master ball-looking Mega Electrode with Galvanize and Boomburst that I was dreaming of but this is still pretty hype!

I love the voltorb! very neat spin on the design to fit Legends.

Why do I feel it looks like a cross between krabby and voltorb?

1 Like

I think it would’ve been sufficiently woody without the blocky eyebrows, hopefully the Electrode doesn’t look like Wario.

I’m probably in the minority, but man I think it looks god awful… I know there’s not much designers could’ve done with something as simple as Voltorb, but man…

2 Likes

Hopefully the Electrode DOES look like Wario.

4 Likes