Legendary Collection

I was wondering why this set has so low pop numbers? Small printing? Hard to grade?

So I picked up the 2 versions of Venusaur versions last night for about $400 US total and I thought there would be 100 of these things out in the open, but now I’m realising there’s 10 or so of each card in Gem Mint. Even PSA 9s seem quite low compared to other sets. What am I missing here?

It wasn’t as popular upon its release as the base set was (and still isn’t) among other factors. The reverse holo set is still the prime collectors choice set because it has such a great collection of the earlier artworks and the unique fireworks hologram pattern. It’s also probably the rarest sealed product set out there from the WOTC era… and still tough to grade due to manufacturing defects. But again not nearly as popular as Base.

Base set 2 might have hurt it. I haven’t been around during these as I quit after fossil release I think. Beautiful cards for sure, but low value on anything under Gem Mint for non Charizard cards. The booster boxes prices are insane. I’d rather buy 2 or 3 base set boxes tbh, but as a sealed product I can understand.

The pop for these cards actually have sky rocketed in the last 3 years. The total psa 10 pop in 2014 was 180. A lot more collectors going for 9s and 10s sets these days. Extremely hard to find these in mint condition. $400 for the pair in psa 10 was a good buy.

Thanks. I didn’t have much interest in this set as you can see from the little knowledge I have, but it looks like $300+ cards so I pulled the trigger on them. I’ll see what else I can find, I’d love a blastoise but I’m disappointed it’s not the base artwork. lol

1 Like

Go for that holy grail holographic Charizard in a PSA 10! :') I have one I’m about to send it but my buddy will get an 8/9 at most unfortunately. Would love to bring the POP up for a 10 haha.

1 Like

How much would you guys value that one?

@poken00b88 Somewhere between $1800 and $3000

I’d say the reverse holo in 10 would be $1,000-$1,500 the regular holo pop went up again I’d value that at $2,500 the non holo theme deck exclusive zard $500 and the box topper reverse zard at $350.

1 Like

Sweet. I try not to drop 4 figures on a card unless it’s an absolute steal.

So these packs can be weighed for holos I assume, but you can still get a good reverse out of it. I’ll try to go hunting for a few decently priced ones. Thanks for the info guys.