Legendary Collection Price Check (RAW)

I was going to go to Pokeprice.com to check but I did not realize it was only an app and I have no service at work. Does anyone know the price for the Legendary Collection set and I am really only trying to get the reverse holos? Also, are the reverse holos more expensive? I was going to ask for a trade (POSSIBLY) for a 1st edition fossil booster box and maybe some others but I have no idea. I would prefer to not have to go to Ebay sold listings for 110 cards. Anyone have a remote idea or just a ballpark figure. I only am asking raw, I do not want graded.

Alternatively, another website I can go to do the work myself or just an easier way. I may just end up buying each card one by one or if someone has spares but thats another thread w/ prices I am willing to pay.

Very tough question. What kind of condition? I’d say $1000-2000. Perhaps more for a Mint set.

Sorry forgot, just a NM-Mint raw set. I have a couple of the big hitters in the set aka Charizard, Blastoise, Raichu… Graded I can get an a better idea but I think it will be a little hard getting the entire set raw/ungraded. Its one set I do not want graded more just for personal reasons and wanting to display it in a frame vice stashing it in a crypt aka binder lol. I also don’t know the print run on this to even say that they have tons just laying around which I know people don’t or would have them graded by now in nm-mint condition. Shoot I may even take LP condition if just the front looks pretty good. This is a tough one.

Now we’re in my wheelhouse!

I’ve been working on a Legendary Collection reverse holo set for the better part of the year, right now I’m at about 80/110.
I’ve bought the cards in both bundles and individually, when I started you could pick up most cards for £10, excluding some of the more popular ones (I.e. starters, Eeveelutions, other popular species), and the last time I saw a complete set it was going for about £1000 but I have no sales figures to back up actual sales, could be a lot more now especially based on condition and how darned popular the set has suddenly become.

As things stand Charizard can easily reach over £200 and a lot more if its mint, Blastoise and Venusaur range from £30-40, Pikachu and Raichu about £25, Eeveelutions are up to £30+, now you’ll see very few cards go below £10 including the less popular and even played as far as ebay sales go, and I’ve watched virtually every one in auction that’s sold and in the UK/EU+ some US listings where the postage isn’t outrageous.

Bundles are a good bet (5-10 cards), you’ll get the best bang for your buck but they don’t show up as much as they used too, a lot of people are selling them on Instagram for a fair price, if you use that just G&S for Goodness sake, for instance I recently picked up a Bulbasaur LP for £10. You can get lucky and snipe something cheaply every now and then but don’t be surprised if the price suddenly doubles in the last few seconds.

If you do decide to collect the set then good luck, and trust me, the set is infinitely more beautiful in person, explodes with colour and shimmer. It will be a challenge though, if you’re up for it; it has been a ton of fun for me.

Edit: you just posted and mentioned you had some so my point about how they look is redundant to you!

1 Like

Yes, it is a beautiful set and as I have read, most people HATE it or LOVE it, no in between. I prefer to show it off and I do know the prices have gone up. I picked up the heavy hitters asap, actually having a mint Charizard get graded but I may just keep it. As I mentioned, I want it raw to display as Scott shows on his videos but I love the reverse holos in this set. I am up for the challenge. Please show off what you got :blush:

1 Like

I’d say its definitely swinging more towards love these days though!

Nice one, yeah Scott’s video on the '97 Carddass set was one of the things that inspired me to complete the set, so beautiful.

When I’m done I’ll absolutely make a collection post, but until then you’ll have to wait (or when I occasionally post some on the gram haha)

1 Like

Okay okay, fine… :grin: