Legendary Collection Price Check/Charizard

Whazzaaa E-4,
Someone had recently asked about the GS Charizard potential but what about the potential of the Charizard in the legendary set both Holo/Reverse holo version? I know this set is one of the most popular sets and was one of the few sets back then that was distributed only in English. Also, what would the entire set EX-NM set go for? I see the last listings were roughly Ebay were about $2000 for the reverse holo set but would be interested in anyone having a private sale or additional statistics to contribute.

Thank you!
Blake

Well first of all, I would not say LC is one of the most popular sets. It’s not Base 2, but it’s quite niche tbh.

What it has going for it are the beautiful reverse holos. I think the Charizard is a good buy at current prices. It used to be almost double last year and I thought that was a bit much.

The holo version on the other hand, I would not advise investing in at all. It’s low pop so it earns ridiculous money that’s all I can say about it.

$2000 seems spot on for a EX-NM set. Most cards are worth $10 or less.

1 Like

Does it matter if the set is in full reverse or not? Yes I know base 2 was probably the worst for the era… :confused:

Reprints aren’t normally the most desirable but at least it has that reverse feature.

1 Like

If your set is incomplete, you lose the premium you might earn. I recommend trying to find the reverse cards you’re missung. They’re really not that expensive or too hard to find.

One thing to keep in mind though is the low pull rate of the LC reverse Charizard. If I remember correctly, there was only one rev holo per booster, right? At 110 set cards that makes it a 1/110 chance, while in the Base set you had a 1/48 chance for the Zard per pack. Also, LC Rev Holos aren’t that easy to grade. So I see a bright future for that card in PSA 10…
Sadly, it’s way out of my uni student budget already :’)

2 Likes

Yeah, I ended up finishing up the set. Some of the raw cards are a little bit pricey. Though the booster box for this set is a lot higher then most boxes for the WOTC era. I think the last one I saw was about $10k