Kraken's Eeveelutions Binder Update

Nice additions! I like that you add the reasons why you’ve got certain cards. And the choice of cards and collection goals are also great.

I know exactly what you mean. I had the same when I started my Seviper collection after I was collecting Pikachu for a while. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Yeah, was looking at some of my favorite Pokemon to see if I could start a cheapish one. It’s nice to open a browser and see an infinite amount of Skarmorys for under $1 in good condition. Skarmory popped up, and then you happened to help me make a full list of all the cards released in all languages. Figured I could probably get them all fairly quickly and in good condition without breaking the bank.

2 Likes

Managed to score a lot of cards for a bunch of my Eevee Heroes duplicates. Most of them are Eevees, which is nice, especially since there’s a lot of Japanese cards in this lot. Means a lot less searching around.

That’s it for Eeveelutions for a bit I think. I’m still waiting for a couple of French cards to come in, but other than that, it’s time to start saving for Evolving Skies, Celebrations, and see if going for those new VMAX alt arts is going to be even possible. So I’ll probably only be grabbing the cheap Eeveelutions to fill out my collection in the meantime if any.

Otherwise, it’s time to reveal my Skarmory collection. Like Umbreon, the goal is to get every card released in every language. Thanks to @quuador, for helping me make my checklist and helping me out with searching for the unlimited Skarmroy ex. This set is supposed to be a nice and cheap one for a Pokemon that I thought was Gen 3 and only found out by accident years after I played Ruby that it’s really a Gen 2. Always loved this thing, and I wish it got some more cool artworks on it but oh well.

Quick and easy start to the collection. Most of them are under $1, and the only real expensive ones are the cards before the gen 3 era. Quuador told me the reverse holo L2 cards would be the rarest, along with that unlimited ex card. Fortunately, after going through Japanese websites for a week and a half, I managed to find all 3 of those cards and get them out of the way. Funny enough, the Chinese cards are actually pretty hard to get a hold of. There’s 3 (1 is a Ho-oh with a cameo), but no one seller I’ve talked to even carry them so this might be harder to complete than I thought. Going to have to figure out where to get them, since I guess they’re too common for sites to put them up for sale internationally. Either way, fun pokemon to collect and the cards are real easy to collect for the most part so I can’t complain.

11 Likes

Nice little update today. My French cards finally came in. Pictures definitely hid some of the wear, but considering just how cheap these cards were I’m not really mad. Starting with the Eeveelutions:

Got a McDonald’s Vaporeon. Really love the holo pattern. I’ll definitely look for a better condition one, but this one is all that bad. Considering it was like $3, I’m not bad. The Majestic Dawn Umbreon is nice. Some light scratching on the reverse holo, but the black reverse holos always seem to get scratched easily. It was cheap too, so no problem here.

Up next, the French Skarmorys. One normal card, and a McDonald’s Skarmory.

The McDonalds one is really beat up. It’s more of a placeholder card though. Less than a dollar, and it was the only McDonalds one for sale. If anything, this’ll turn into a display card at my desk at work to keep a beat up McDonalds Larvitar company once I manage to get a good condition one.
All in all not bad. Pretty cheap purchase, and besides the McDonald’s Skarmory and Vaporeon, I’d say I got some pretty decent cards. Up next, 2 “cheaper” cards. Was really aiming to buy the common cards that would be maybe a couple of bucks, but found a good deal on these and couldn’t pass it up.I love the reverse holo patterns that have the type symbol as the pattern. So had to get this Glaceon. As for the Leafeon, I’d actually had my eyes on one of these for a while. Some months ago I found a real good deal on the staff version so I bought it, but didn’t have the non-staff version, so been wanting to add one to my collection. The crosshatch holo pattern is definitely my favorite holo pattern. It just looks so amazing, especially when you tilt it in light. Now I can put this next the other crosshatch patterns I have and admire the shine.
Have a couple of Eevees in the mail that I bought and am waiting on. Still haven’t managed to find any of the Chilling Reigns 3 pack with the Eevee promo, since the Target by me is always sold out and I haven’t been able to find a LGS by me. Might just have to buy the Eevee alone. Other than that and looking for the real cheap Eeveelutions, I’m just waiting for the next batch of Eevee Heroes and Evolving Skies to come out. Haven’t been lucky enough to get a pre-order in yet, but I gotta work on that and then save up more for Celebrations. That gold star Umbreon is #1 on my list now.

5 Likes

God dammit, I love Skarmory! Awesome collection, man!

1 Like

The jungle flareon always was one of my favorite artworks. I just love the warm colors

1 Like

Wish Skarmory got more attention in the TCG. If not artwork, at least useable in the meta.

2 Likes

That’s an awesome collection! What is your favorite eeveelution? Mine is Flareon.

1 Like

Definitely one of my favorite Flareon artworks. That shade of red is real nice.

1 Like

Mine’s Umbreon. Second favorite is Flareon though.

1 Like

Some gorgeous eevee cards there. Esp/Umbr/Vap especially. I really love the skarmory collection. It’s actually a single stage poke that I like quite a bit. Gives me the feeling to get an English collection going, cheers for that. It’s great there is a checklist as well!

1 Like

Got a small update this time. 2 new cards, and a duplicate.
Starting with the duplicate, another Jolteon T series promo. I love the T series trio and this one was real cheap so I snagged it. Hopefully I can get a duplicate of the other 2 sometime just to be able to have them on a display or something. For some reason my phone would not focus on this card so it is what it is I guess.

Now for the new cards. Up first, the General Mills promo Eevee. I really love the holo pattern on this one.
And finally, another Skarmory. Getting pretty close to finishing the English set. Still wishing they gave Skarmory more love. A V might be nice, or at least something that’s actually useable in the meta but oh well.

9 Likes

Some new cards to add to the collection. Now that the Espeon Gym Promo prices dropped in half I decided to finally snag one. In the moment, I totally forgot to snag the Eevee that goes with it. So now I guess what my next mail day will be. The other cards just happened to be a good price so I grabbed them. Not a huge fan of the CGI artwork on the Leafeon from either Undaunted or Call of Legends, but this thing was basically half price and is real clean. Also, with every Japanese card I get I start to think to myself, why do the international cards stick with the yellow border. Oh well. It’s nice to at least have a card where you can actually read the text on it.

For now, I’m hoping to get the Eevee that goes with the Espeon, the Cinderace deck Eevee, and hopefully I can finally find some Chilling Reigns by me so I can snag that Eevee too. From there, I’ll probably go into Evolving Skies/hopefully cheaper Eevee Heroes so buying some older cards will just have less priority for a bit.

3 Likes

Finally managed to find the Chilling Reigns triple booster set in a store. Managed to grab an Eevee, and it even has a somewhat subtle holo bleed too. Nothing good really from Chilling Reigns, but at least I got the Eevee. Also managed to find a real cheap Light Vaporeon, Lt. Surge’s Eevee and a Vivid Voltage Flareon. Getting closer to finishing up the WoTC cards. Pretty sure most of what’s left are the pricey one’s so I’ll see how that goes.

I managed to score non-holo versions of the Pop Series 3 Eeveelutions. So that will probably be next up. Wasn’t planning on buying those just yet, but I actually managed to find all 3 at once so I went for it.

4 Likes

That Espeon Gym Promo looks gorgeous. Never knew that card exists. Great pickup!

1 Like

Thanks. It’s a new promo. Came out in late May I think?

2 Likes

Right. 1 last update before the Evolving Skies haul/more Eevee Heroes.
Starting off with the pop 3 cards. I absolutely love the artwork, and when I found out about the non-holos I had to get them. Took a while to find all 3, but finally got them. Honestly some of my favorite artwork for these 3. It’s weird. I remember these as modern cards because I remember when these cards came out. But it’s been uhhh too long. Guess I’m bad at defining what’s a “long time.”

Also managed to get this huge lot for fairly cheap. Lots of Eevees and some other Eeveelutions. Mostly English Reverse Holos, but I managed to get some Japanese cards, and a couple of French cards. French ones weren’t my priority, but they’re a mix of McDonald’s and the Sylveon File Collection. So figured it’d be worth it. Solid artwork and the rest of the cards I was missing. Pretty sure the only duplicate is the Ancient Origins Vaporeon, so definitely worth.
And final set of cards, the new Eevee cards. The Eevee that goes with the Espeon card in my previous post, and the Eevee from the Cinderace deck that came out recently.

7 Likes

Quick update on Evolving Skies. 2 booster boxes got me some decent pulls. Still wanting the Umbreon alts but oh well. Should be getting some tins coming in soon so we’ll see.

Also managed to get these 2 in the meantime. I’d say it’s solid. Love the holo border on the promo.

6 Likes

Ok time for a decent sized update since I finally manged to get a picture of my latest haul.
To start off, another Skarmory card added. Been side tracked since there’s so many Eeveelutions coming out, but not forgotten.

Some more Evolving Skies promos and finally managed to get most of the Eevee Heroes small box/set thing. Just missing the Vaporeon VMAX from that thing. And then it’ll be back to hoping to see Eevee Heroes prices fall a bit more because I still want that Umbreon… Also managed to get a pretty good Legendary set Dark Vaporeon and the Eevee Pokemon Center card. Had my eye on that one for a while and I’m so happy to finally have it.
Also managed to get a Costco tin and get those holo Vivid Voltage cards. I should probably get the normal version of those cards before the scratched reverse holos start to be considered “mint.”

And finally, to continue my spree of the Pop Series cards, I got a Japanese Meiji Flareon. That completes my Flareon for that set. Still love the artwork, and am really digging those white borders.

9 Likes

Awesome collection, I hope mine is worthy someday. Those trainer magazine promo cards are so cool…