Kijamon's Raichu Hunt

Totally off tangent but I was down visiting my parents and found this relic. I was the gym leader for our club when Pokemon first came out and was given this hat and a few packs for my trouble. The guy running it was more in to magic so he didn’t want to do it and asked me.

What a blast from the past

17 Likes

I have two of these in for grading at the moment but this popped up for auction and I had to win it in case my grading eyes failed me. Was very cheap.

That leaves 2 older cards left to go (also awaiting grading results) then the Raichu mission switches to only newly released cards! Please PSA grading man/woman let the cosmos card be graded mint, they are very difficult to find

7 Likes

That’s so cool, what a find.

Well. It happened again.

I use a middleman and typically only get grades once the card is in hand but these are all easy to track on the pop reports as they are so small numbers.

The two oldest cards left to get score 8’s again. I’m not sure if i’ll ever get a mint copy of the burning shadows cosmos. I have one left to sub and if that fails i’m probably doomed.

I picked up the Pokemon Day skateboard for pretty cheap from ebay, apparently you can even grade these. We’ll see! One for hanging above my collection.

5 Likes

Have you any plans of resubmiting until you get a 9, i’m sure it would be possible?

1 Like

I have thought about it. I’ll take another look at the cards when they come back to me. If it looks good i’ll probably try again. It would be a shame to be forever 1 or 2 cards off completion otherwise.

The cards did rattle about in those blisters so i’m not surprised the conditions are poorer. I also suspect a lot of people own the card but haven’t clocked that it’s a cosmos variation.

1 Like

As expected, my cards came today. Still getting 8’s on the oldest two left to get.

Typical luck to receive two mint grades on the Mr Stone’s Project after buying the 9 that popped up on ebay but it was £13 so not that big a deal.

The 10 on the Raichu half deck is sweet as the person who had the pop 1 of that refused my offers and was holding out for $1000 and told me to grade it myself and see how hard it was to do. That card has just gone up on pwcc and is listed as a pop 1 - not anymore!

The rest are 2023 cards so would have been disappointed not to get mint grades.

That brings me up to needing to get the kangaskhan reverse (ordered a few so we’ll see condition when they arrive) and the cosmos burning shadows (one to submit that is straight from a blister).

Then I believe that’s me on to 2024 onwards - paldean fates has the 151 reprint in normal and reverse holo plus the shiny. And the next set will likely have the uncommon and reverse version of one that just came out in Japanese.

9 Likes

I really hope you reached out to that seller for the half deck. “Followed your advise and got a 10 on the 1st one I sent in! Thanks for saving me so much money!”

5 Likes

I was very, very tempted when I got the grade but I saw it go up on pwcc last week so he’s had enough of holding out for a person dumb enough to be trying to collect every Raichu card.

It’s amazing how many people think low pop = £$€. Most of my collection is pop 100 or less, maybe even pop 50 or less. I own 5 or 6 pop 1 cards. Only because no one else cares enough to grade a common sewaddle with a raichu ear sticking out from behind a rock.

It doesn’t make it worth £10K.

9 Likes

The card mentioned above went for something like $70. But it sold to a new friend, the person keen to usurp me as number 1 on the PSA set list.

I have finally received my last batch from America. I left it for ages as it was only costing me 10 cents a day storage and I was waiting for a few more things to make it worth it.

This week I received 2 very mint looking kangaskhan and I bought another cosmos holo blister to hopefully finally achieve the mint grades and be done with older cards.

After initially saying no japanese cards or silly stuff like stickers, I have failed that.

10 Likes

Such a great collection, really enjoyed reading through everything!

I started collecting Politoed and told myself the same thing; only TCG features and cameos in different variants/languages. Within a day I was buying stickers and magnets on Buyee :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gotta be done though. I’ll need to look for your collection post.

It’ll be a massive relief if I can get these 2 final older cards as 9+ grades. That’ll be a big accomplishment to get them all.

After that I may do a little upgrading and buy a few more raichu random items too but i’ll at least be able to take a bit more time over it

2 Likes

I left these out too. Which makes the no japanese claim even more silly

8 Likes

wait, I think your missing a raichu holo rare also from XY…

1 Like

images (37)
I didnt see this one in there, but you probably have it.

1 Like

I need to make one! It’s on my list.

You’ll get there!

One of my favourite cards is a Japanese Raichu, BW-P/152. Not only do I like the art work, but I also enjoy the story that it was supposed to be released in English but the associated product (a blister pack I think) was canned. There’s a few on Ebay but I feel like the price is a bit steep, although I think one sold :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I think I have these 3.

It came as a rare non holo in the set, a reverse holo in the set and a holo cracked ice in a blister.

Was there a holo version of this card too?

I’d like one too as my plan was to get one of each piece of art (even if it wasn’t used in English) but the prices on ebay seen very high to me for what it is.

Jasmine’s Raichu in English will likely never happen as mint but maybe if someone is selling a worse condition card I can get lucky.

1 Like

yes there is.

Can’t help but to find this funny but simultaneously pity the seller a bit. Nevertheless gorgeous additions, every time a species collector expands into non tcg the world becomes slightly better place!

2 Likes