Just wondering about these cards!

Hi good people, i have been reading this forum for years and after hours with no luck i remembered that if anyone would know what this is it would be you guys with your extensive knowledge :blush: They look kind of cool but are they fakes? the seller says they are ‘‘overseas’’

which means they are not Japanese cards. Any information would be appreciated very very much. Thank you.

The term “overseas” is used interchangably with “fake” in Japan, sometimes they’re actually English language cards, mostly they’re fakes. Don’t ask me why, I have no idea why that is.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what i was thinking, its just that i saw 2 other sellers selling the same type of cards so i thought maybe they are from another country (other than the USA) or cards that came with a game or candy or something. Thanks for your response :blush:

I’ve never seen them before so I can only guess, and my first guess is that they’re unlicensed cards. That would make them theoretically ‘fakes’, but they could definitely come from some obscure product in a country where Pokémon never took hold… Maybe someone on here knows exactly where they came from.

send closeups pls

Did a bit of digging, found this one (Japanese site so probably OP’s source):

Just saw someone asking about them on reddit except theirs were still in the wrapping. The wrapping was pretty standard individual promo card clear packaging and had Bandai and Entertainment earth logos and information on them, along with “Not for resale” kind of warnings. Just as additional information in case it helps anyone. The backs have a Pikachu, so they arent trying to be a tcg card, it seems more of just a random collectible promotional card.

You are absolutely right that they have Pikachu on the back :blush: This helps alot, thank you so much! Is it possible to share the reddit link? Thanks again =)

Found it. old.reddit.com/r/PokemonTCG/comments/ublfzn/need_help_bought_these_awhile_ago_from_a_guy_and/. Not really any information on them unfortunately.

Thank you so much :blush: