Jcloud's Collection - Wotc Promo Set PSA Completed 1/16/21

Just wanted to share the current progress on my Black Star Promo PSA set and Best of Game sealed pack collection. I am aiming for PSA 10’s on the promo set, but settling for a 9 on Eevee and Venusaur for the time being. As for the Best of Game set, I am only missing Professor Elm now for the non-winner set.

13 Likes

Mmmm nostalgia. Good luck on getting the rest!

1 Like

very nice so far! Really like the “Best of Game” packs

1 Like

The swirl on that hitmonchan being dead center is so satisfying

2 Likes

The Ho-Oh is my personal favorite, I don’t think I’ve seen the Pokemon Center NY text on a promo before.

1 Like

Amazing to see them still sealed, wow

1 Like

The WOTC Black Star Promos are my favourite cards of all time. It’s awesome seeing them in minty PSA 10. Good luck with your collection!

1 Like

The Ho-Oh and Rapidash have versions with and without the Pokemon Center NY text on them. The Pokemon Center NY version seems much more common from what I can tell.

I recently made a thread asking what sets used the Galaxy holofoil for their reverse holo cards and thanks to @shockerb37 I learned about the Energize Your Game Cycle set. Yes, they’re energies but they all look fantastic and I was quickly able to get the full set! My personal favorites are the Rainbow and Fire energies not just for their color, but they also happen to have a holo bleed so even the yellow border has the foil showing through.

Also thanks to @gemmintpokemon for selling the spare Fire energy on ebay :blush:

9 Likes

In just over 7 months time from the start of my collection goal, I have now completed my Wotc Black Star Promo set in PSA 10 (except 9’s for Eevee and Venusaur). It was a very fun collection to work toward and I’m grateful for this site to have taught me helpful info like the corrected artist versions of the bird trio (I specifically purchase the correct versions) as well as introduced me to members who were able to help me complete this goal. Having started the collection last summer and restarting my collection during the 2020 boom, I was quickly surprised to see card prices continue to rise as I purchased and brought me way above my original cost expectation but it has been well worth it to have plenty of cards I remember from childhood (Entei, Unown J, WB promos) along with unfamiliar ones like Birthday Pikachu, Pokemon Center and Lucky Stadium. My favorites will always be Entei and Unown J, but Pichu is close behind thanks to the reverse holo. I don’t think I have particular set in mind for the future, but now I’m leaning toward Japanese cards and eventually hope to grade a very nice Ivy Pikachu with the 1st edition stamp that I picked up.

1 Like

Congratulations! Such a cool set to collect considering each card has its own history as to how it was distributed and why.

1 Like

1 Like

congrat. looking good

1 Like