Japanese Quick Starter Set

Hi guys

I was just checking the Japanese Promo Checklist looking for a list of the Quick Starter (Gift?) Set cards.
Can you guys help me? I mean I know about Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos but are there more?

Appreciate the help!

Here you go bud.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Quick_Starter_Gift_Set_(TCG)

Well, that was too easy :grin:
But maybe this helps some other people as well

thanks prochaos!

I wonder whether this set can be bought as a whole

$600-800 sealed

Actually got my hands on a set if thecards last week, I’ll show them off soon.

Just remeber the differnece between the quick starter cards and vending machine cards are that the quick starter cards are printed on non-glossy card stock and lack a rarity symbol.

An auction for the cards recentry sold for $81 although it lacked a couple holos
Look at this on eBay www.ebay.com/itm/282446126289

The box also contains the Asobikata magazine which holds both diglett and dugtrio promos and also within the box is the the vending machine issue 00 with 3 vending cards mew, mewtwo and pikachu.

As far as im awate this particular vending machine sheet can only be obtained this way.

I guess I got lucky the other day then. I got a red green starter set sealed with VHS and all for like $60. :blush:

You’re talking about the bulbasaur/squirtle VHS intro decks (left).The quickstarter Red/Green decks are what’s being discussed (right)

Yea I guess I’ll see when I get it. It had the picture of the one on the left, but says Pocketmonsters Card Game 1999 Red and Green quick Starter Set from japan !

Includes 1 red and 1 green starter set glass beads, death markers, playing board + booklet and video!

Wow that squirtle has a huge head, i never noticed that on the earlier artist drawings.

such nice sets with awesome artworks :blush:

love these alot. especially the articuno, and the venusaur theme cards.

The Quick Starter Set, the Intro Pack and the Intro Pack Neo are just AWESOME!
Definitelly need to get all of them

I love this set, I picked up the Scyther holo in a 10 a while back and its one of the best artworks in my opinion.

3 Likes

No, the box contains a (random?) sheet from the Vending Series 1.

The 00 sheet was distributed during the World Hobby Fair 1997, but you can also find it inside this pack.