Japanese Promos with GB Set Symbol

I’ve always been fascinated with cards that have the GB set symbol since I was little, I tend to associate them with the super cool cards that were exclusive the the original Pokemon Trading Card Game for Game Boy. I’m still praying that somehow there was a copy made of some of those game-only cards!

Anyways, I’m trying to compile a list of all real Japanese cards with the GB symbol for a small side-collection I’m doing. Bulbapedia has a list but it is not complete so don’t link to it. This is what I have so far:

GB Lugia
GB Dragonite
GB Rocket’s Mewtwo
GB Fearow
GB Venusaur
GB Dark Venusaur
GB Dark Ivysaur
GB Meowth

If you guys can think of any off the tops of your heads that aren’t listed then I would greatly appreciate it! :blush:

I’m pretty certain I have a GB Charizard and Blastoise…they came with the CD thing with the Venusaur I think?? I think you have most of them there already

The GB Venusaur and the CD one have the same stock Sugimori Venusaur artwork, but they aren’t the same. The three CD promos don’t have the symbol. But thanks :blush:

I would die if these were real:

Kudos to the person on DeviantArt who created them

Hahahaha I remember those from the game! Ugh I could never beat it :confused: I hate how media factory made induced those cards in the official guide book 2000 but never really printed them. Thats just teasing :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish somebody had recreated all of the GB-exclusive cards like the Legendary Birds above. I’d totally print them out and paste them onto some Energy cards and stick them in my binder. :stuck_out_tongue: I tried doing Jigglypuff myself a couple of years ago but I couldn’t get the fonts right.

Funny you should mention that because I’ve kind of been wanting to do the same thing! I love those cards, and the fact that they’re in the 2000 card book is a tease. They would easily be my favourite set ever if made!