Japanese BW8 Spiral Force - Is there an Unlimited Variant?

My thread on Dark Rush confirmed that the set did not have an unlimited print run, as far as we know.

Now I have the same question for Spiral Force. The sister set is Thunder Knuckle, which does have the unlimited variant. For Spiral Force, I have not seen an unlimited version for any of the 58 cards in the set.

The BW8 on Spiral Force is purple, whereas the BW8 on Thunder Knuckle is blue.

Does anyone have any Spiral Force cards in unlimited? Looking to confirm if the Eeveelutions from that set came in 1st edition only or not.

Thanks!

1 Like

It would surprise me if one was in unlimited and the other not, unless just the unlimited edition Thunder Knuckle cards were released as some kind of promos.
But I’m afraid I don’t have any Japanese unlimited edition Spiral Force cards to verify this unfortunately (I do have three unlimited Thunder Knuckle cards).

Greetz,
Quuador

I have 2 complete sets for both BW8 sets, but all my cards were 1st ed.

PSA pop report shows 2 UR Ultra balls as not 1st edition for Spiral Force. (An unusual card for this to be missed, as it is one of the easiest cards to see the 1st ed symbol)

The pop report leads me to think Spiral Force might not have had an unlimited run

@pieterpie, I agree with you, I have learned that PSA mislabels cards quite often so only 2 “unlimited” cards being designated from that set isn’t enough to convince me that unlimited exists. Thanks for checking through your BW8 sets. I have seen plenty of unlimited Thunder Knuckle, but never any unlimited Spiral Force.

1 Like

I have considered there to be no unlimited Spiral Force variants until I am proven otherwise.

Anyone have any pull at the Pokémon Company to issue a statement on what Japanese sets officially had unlimited print runs? I think we almost have it nailed down, but still some doubt on a couple of sets.

2 Likes