Unlimited printrun of Awakening of the Psychic King

Hi all,

Was there a release for the unlimited version of the Japanese XY set ‘Awakening of the Psychic King’, or was there only a 1st edition release? This is the equivalent of the English set ‘Fates Collides’.

Thank you!
Lof102

1 Like

I know most XY sets were released in unlimited edition more than halve a year (or was it a year) after the 1st edition print runs, and are pretty short-printed (as with most UED Japanese sets…). But not sure if this was the case for all XY sets. I have some XY1 unlimited edition cards in my collection for sure, and I think in that lot of 7,000 Japanese cards I bought last year there were a few other unlimited edition XY cards as well, but not sure from which sets. After the last few cards of my National Index collection have arrived I plan on reorganizing my general collection again, so I will keep an eye out for any unlimited edition Japanese cards, just in case (note that this might be halve a year from now, so don’t expect an answer next week for which ones I have).

Greetz,
Quuador

Thank you @quuador, I have a 1st Mew from this set and still searching for an unlimited one… but I slowly begin to think he doesn’t exist :blush:

I can confirm that all XY era main sets have an unlimited release.

Some sets were printed with unlimited directly after the 1st Ed, some unlimited sets came as a very small print later down the track, I think sometime after XY11. That means sets like XY2 Wildblaze, only came in unlimited well after they were actually out of initial print.

@kkthxbai can elaborate further. He helped me locate a box of XY11 Cruel Traitor in unlimited which was and still is super hard to find.

3 Likes

Yeah unlimited xy Japanese have very low populations at psa. Especially things like that ultra rare Charizard from xy8. Might be a pop zero still. :S

I remember I sold some complete unlimited booster boxes sealed, 1 of every series to some customers. After Pokemon re released everything just before stopping xy and moving to sm era.

3 Likes

Although @lof102 was the one asking the question, I was kinda doubting myself whether some of the XY sets existed in UED a few times in the past, so thanks a lot for confirming they exist @ozenigma and @kkthxbai!

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

@guuador

Yes, I can confirm xy 1-11 was produced both 1st edition and unlimited.

Cp1-6 series sets I can’t remember.

I know evolutions may have both unl and first Ed.

1 Like

I seriously doubt that tbh… But if you can locate me an unlimited edition CP6 Pikachu, I’ll pay you 75 USD. :wink:

As far as I know, CP4 is only available as UED, and CP1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 are only available as 1st edition.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

XY1 to XY11 have 1st Ed. and Unlimited

CP1 to CP6 only have one print run each. Of which:

CP1 was 1st Ed only
CP2 was 1st Ed only
CP3 was 1st Ed only
CP4 was unlimited only
CP5 was 1st Ed only
CP6 was 1st Ed only

I know these for a fact, and a lot of my info came directly from you bud :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@ozenigma ; @kkthxbai ; @quuador,

Thank you guys! I will add the XY11 Unlimited Mew back to the wanted list then!

Greats,
lof102