Is this 1st edition box fake?

That’s what I was thinking, they seemed a bit faded so I was wondering if they are producing the fake booster packs from scratch.

Oh I didn’t realize that. I have seen/heard of them using re-sealed genuine ones for the top couple packs in case someone peeks through the top crack in the box I guess, but I haven’t heard of them printing packs. I believe cases in the past simply had a couple re-sealed genuine 1st edition packs on top and then regular base set resealed packs or even other sets packs below.

Being in the market for a 1st edition box myself, seeing this stuff over and over again is just terrible. It is very likely I will never be able to pull the trigger just from all the issues I have seen.

I’m super stressed because of this thread. Do you guys think these are real?

i.imgur.com/0UDkLiw.jpg
i.imgur.com/WI5Ockt.jpg

lol yeah theyre fine, theyre base set long packs

1 Like

Can you cite any evidence to support that the packs are not resealed? I would love to see it :blush:

The packets did look resealed at the bottom when I opened them, but they also didn’t look like real packs. I compared them to my real shadowless packs and they were faded and had a rougher texture than those. I’m 90% certain they were fake packs but I’ve never seen a real 1st edition pack so I can’t be sure.

Update

Ebay instructed me to return this to the seller which I did do and the seller then had six working days to refund me. Obviously the seller didn’t do this so I phoned ebay and they told me I have won the case and would be refunded within 24 hours. Today, 48 hours later, I had no refund so I phoned them again and they apologized and said that because it was a high value item it will take a little longer and I will have my money back by Wednesday next week. I told them I was worried about it and they assured me I have 100% won the case and will for definite get my money back which is a relief after three weeks worrying about losing so much money.

The seller has been contacting me during this process trying to trick me into cancelling the transaction, accusing me of being the bad guy and sending back different packs, as well as trying to sell me more counterfeit boxes so I can resell them. I can’t even comprehend ever being able to steal 7200 euros from an innocent person and can only assume that something is wrong in this person’s brain. I’ve quoted a few of his messages below so you can see for yourselves what kind of person this is. I’ve also emailed all the information I have to the local police department in Gent, Belgium where the seller lives and hopefully they can do something about it.

Overall though, even though it did not work out this time, I have not been put off trying to find bargains on ebay to add to my collection. This is a hobby that brings me great joy and ebay buyer protection seems to have you covered when things go wrong.

4 Likes

What a snake! glad to hear that you’re getting your money back.

3 Likes

Video of opening a pack if anyone is interested:

2 Likes

Glad you got your money back, and kudos for passing the information onto the police. I hope someone gives this guy a smack in the chops soon.

Will pop champagne if they get the bastard.

1 Like