Is it worth me getting my cards graded.

first of all, i just joined about 10 minutes ago sooo hello everybody. Second, all my cards are in PSA 7-10 mostly 8-10. i have pictures of most of the holos but i dont know how to post pictures in a new thread. I have i would say 500 or so cards. would i make a better collecting decision by spending around $3,000 to get them graded? *here’s a rough list of my collection* 4 shadowsless holo, ALL base set, jungle, fossil rocket, gym heroes, gym challenge, neo genesis, neo discovery and neo rev. holos. As for neo destiny all holos except shining mewtwo and charizard. then non holo legendary collection charizard raichu a couple holos and roughly 40 reverse holos. then all of e-series together i have like 25 holos, 20 reverse, holo crystal kingdra, reverse crystal golem. most of black star promos all best stamped promos. a lot of other miscellaneous promos, then random holos from later sets that i ended up keeping like gold star regirock all 3 gold stars dogs. random ex’s (original ones). and a handfull of 20$ plus cards just ranging from sets. as for WOTC set besides all the holos i also have mostly all the non-holos for base - e-series. common/uncommon i have a lot from base - e-series. ALL of them were traded for or pack pulled, my standards luckily back then for condition were high and i know for a fact barely any of my cards are PSA 7’s. it would take a couple thousand dollars even when psa has specials to get them graded. do you think my collection of singles would be worth grading or no?

I would grade the ones that would get 10.

1 Like

i have a blaines charizard first ed that i pack pulled 4 years ago straight to double sleeve top loader and looking at it now im pretty sure its a 10 i don’t see anything defective or wear

only the 10’s? why not the 9’s or 8’s?

Unless you have a PSA membership it will cost

Grading Rates:

1-24 cards - $15 per card

25-49 cards - $12 per card

50+ cards - $10 per card

The only other cost is return shipping to you. I cover all other shipping to and from PSA.

Do you really want to spend $15 for a 7?

lol HELL NO i dont even wanna spend 7$ on a 10 lol i was planning on doing it when they have the 5$ specials. if i were to wait till then would you recommend then doing the 7-10’s?

I thought those specials are for PSA members?

1 Like

yea i could either do the platinum membership to become a member and or just give them to someone trustworthy to grade them for me

For “someone trustworthy to grade them” is why I quoted @smpratte prices and a link to his PSA thread.

1 Like

ok but if i do decide to do it myself when theres a member special should i buy the platinum and do all cards i think will get psa 7-10?

For your first sub try the solid 9s/maybe 10s. You’ll learn something and be better prepared for your next sub.

2 Likes

Off topics, but can we get some paragraphs next time please? :blush:

I would personally not grade anything below a 9 on most of these cards, especially mass produced sets like base, jungle and fossil.

The important thing is… do you want to keep these cards for years or you’re asking as you’re about to sell them in the near future? If you’re collecting, I wouldn’t grade anything below $50 or so. As long as you preseve your cards well you don,t have to grade everything all at once.

2 Likes

ok will do next time. also, even a mass produced card like a unlimited scyther can still pull in more than 50$ at a psa 10

Well if you read my post you’ll see I recommend grading above 9/$50. :wink:

It’s really up to you… Your cards aren’t losing any value atm, but if you have the spare cash and want to grade everything go for it. Just be careful to really just send in the the best condition cards. Once you go down to 7-8 it doesn’t make much sense except on some specific cards.

1 Like

ok i see what you mean

I’d even hesitate grading anything much under 50.00 if your selling either.

1 Like

@jester, what is your goal? Grading to sell? Grading to complete your sets in PSA 10? Grading to preserve your collection?

Only you can decide if it’s worth grading. Which ultimately depends on your goals. If you want them all in 10, probably better to sell the ones that won’t grade that highly and save up to buy 10s, for example. Profits won’t always be maximized by having them slabbed as 7s or 8s, especially when you factor in the amount you spent grading.

PSA will only grade cards if you’re a member…

1 Like

Not true mate, that only applies to bulk services

1 Like

Just to point out, PSA hasn’t had a decent special in 9 months, and hasn’t had a sub $6 special in years. I can hardly even remember a special that was below $6, I think since I became a member nearly 3 years ago, there’s been one at $5.75.

The days of PSA doing specials that fit the Pokémon bracket are gone I’m afraid.