Is it the right time to buy?

Hello!
I’m considering on getting a couple of booster boxes:
Team rocket unlimited
New discovery unlimited
Bro genesis 1st ed

My question to you guys is do you think it’s the right time to buy?
I mean I know you could only assume, but those aren’t cheap
And I’m afraid to lose all of my money.
What do you think the future hold for this specific boxes?
Maybe I should go in a different direction (box choice wise).

Thank you very much.
Appreciated!

1 Like

This is the main thing that holds people back from investing in everything. If you don’t have the extra income to risk, most of the time you should not. It is a risk for a reason, sometimes they pay off, other times they don’t. No one can really tell you if its a safe investment or not, since no one knows the future.

2 Likes

No way to advise on a purchase without knowing what price you’re paying. For example, if you’re paying 1000.00, we say “good investment”. If you’re paying 10,000.00 we’d say best to wait. Depending on where in the middle you fall will determine if it’s the right time to buy…or not.

3 Likes

The question you should ask yourself is: do you see yourself as an investor or as a collector?

As a collector, just buy what you like and love. If you are in with the motive of keeping for the comming years, your buy price would probably not matter to much and you should go buy what you love and crave.

As from the perspective of an investor. box prices for most sets literally just went up. smart investors bought before that. If you are looking at investing you are most likely better off buying PSA cards in the dip that we are in now.

In the end, just do whatever you feel best with, for we can’t forsee the future. Only try to interpet the market and it’s signals

4 Likes

Personally I would definitely invest in the Bro Genesis box out of the ones you listed. Who doesn’t need a bro in their lives? And bros can give back more than just financial gainz but also social gainz, gym gainz, drinking gainz. You get the idea :smile:

7 Likes

That’s why I say interpet the market :blush: see if its up or downtrending or finding an equilibrium and base your buy in moment on that

I’ve personally declined offers of 2.8k for mine, and have been offering 3k to try buy another one without any luck

super underpriced atm

Ugh… I bought a neo genesis first box for 700 dollars a few years ago, but I intended to open it some day… It’s becoming more and more difficult to envision doing this with the price going so high.

On that note, use me as an example…

700 dollars was a lot of money when I bought it and the price quadrupled, which is crazy good in terms of a stock. I bought it because I wanted it and loved it, but also searched until I got a good price for the time.

I very rarely buy for above value because I see every purchase as a risk and always think that I want to be able to at least break even if necessary. In case of emergency money being needed that is. This mindset has allowed me to grow and sell my collection without actually investing too much actual cash.

Yep a lot of people offering for my box reference the sold listings but they’re really irrelevant because people have caught on to how underpriced the last few have sold for

Exactly, especially when the supply is as low as we are seeing now, sellers dictate the price.
Alot of people seem to miss the fact that waiting is the best option for most sellers, as box prices only go up.
With low supply, buyers should pay a premium (above current market price or previous sales) as price increases over time

1 Like

To be honest it depends on how long you hold them for. The market will go up and down over the next few years. So if one year into having them there is a decline and you sell, you lock in your losses. I think a general rule, with sealed boxes anyway, is that on a long enough timeline, other boxes will be opened up and yours will become more valuable. I can’t say if you’ll have to wait 2 years or 10 years for that to happen but if you buy this type of product at a fair market price now, I’d say it’s a good investment.

I say this as next week I’m buying a 1st edition jungle box myself :wink:

Might wanna wait on that! PWCC is auctioning 2 PSA 10 first edition Blaine’s Charizards at once! Check it out on eBay lol
You can’t resist that!

1 Like

I see. I’m following both. They’re up to 202 last I checked. If I can get one for under $500, I’m gonna do it haha