1st edition base booster box 10k+ offer

As per title. Looking for a good condition first edition booster box and looking to pay 10k+ depending on condition.

Thankyou

In all honesty, that “+” is probably looking like a “x2” at this point in time.

With a PSA 10 1st Ed Zard selling for $16k, I can’t see a sealed box going for any less than that, and more considering the possibility it holds more.

Good luck mate!

3 Likes

A well-known site had a box posted briefly in the last two weeks and the owner declined the list price of 15k and took it down. He’s not looking to sell anytime soon. I had a few different sports guys mention it and I think the inquiries, etc. had the owner do a quick double take.

1 Like

seems a safer bet is just buying the holos in psa 10 minus the zard since getting a 10 from a box is pretty rare, the 1st edition box you open on youtube looks like the card had print lines so getting 10’s from a box is a big gamble it would seem.

I haven’t graded the holos yet except for the OC Nidoking. It came back an 8 unfortunately. I think PSA glosses over the OCs that are close. I should probably get the holos out today now that you mention it. In general a portion of the cards have a low likelihood of getting 10s. The POP report will point out which fairly quickly.

1 Like

That sucks it came back an 8 but you still got to open a 1st edition box something most of us will never get to do or have done as a kid. It’s nice to image some warehouse some where with boxes of 1st edition base that got forgetten about that will some day be discovered lol.

1 Like

YEah well it’s no garuntees to pull psa10s out of boxes. Even though the zard went for so much money realistically that doesn’t mean the box has to without the garuntee of even pulling let alone getting a 10 zard. I think a realistic price would be around the 10-12k range

Its not about the value inside the box. Legit boxes are getting insanely hard to get your hands on, add on top of that the amount of people looking to invest and buy one as well. Value isn’t dictated by what is or isn’t inside, its on the overall sealed product and scarcity.

This is true. I dunno if any selling una while though and last I heard a few boxes sold in Aus for 10.5 so finding one would be first priority anyway

I’ve gotten offers recently 15k and over. I’m not selling but that’s a pretty fair price range.

Let’s lay it all out.

These boxes have been faked way too often that at this point it’s pretty much killed the market. Anyone who owns one should only sell it if it’s been in their possession since 2010. If you bought it after that you should open it/keep it or assume all risk involved if someone else opens it. This removes a majority of boxes that were available on the market and if they don’t follow these rules it’s probably a fake box you’re buying.

1st Edition is an extremely limited print and we’re almost at 20 years since it’s release. I haven’t seen a box on the open market I was comfortable buying in years (high feedback seller, knowledgable, and no signs of being faked).

Take all that in and realize we’re at a point where the market is so small that, like PSA 10 1st ed charizard, past sales are irrelevant in determining price point. This product is going to sell for what someone is willing to pay. You have multiple people telling you it’s over 12k in price, if they say that there’s definitely a buyer that’s around that feels the same.

I’m not trying to be a jerk, I know I recently told someone else they were low balling in price point and they got defensive. I don’t think you’ll react the same, but it needs to be said. Nobody who’s reputable is going to sell you a 1st ed box for 12k around here.

Off topic but rest of the videos when? Can hardly wait anymore lol.

All good bud I’ll up my offer to 15k then

1 Like

At 15k it seems like you can get most of the holos in psa10 but it would be nice to own a box. Damn you zelda you have everything

1 Like

Just did :blush:

I think anybody looking for a Base Box should look in the Seattle area. That’s where the WOTC store was along with the company headquarters. It probably has the highest likelihood of having hidden gems. I’m talking about people who could care less about what’s happening with Pokemon right now, but just have one in the closet sitting around → the one I came across.

If you told me a Beast Wars Transformer I had as a kid was now worth 10-20k, I could care less and take your money. No way would I want to be a part of the Transformer market or care if it keeps going up or down. I’d take your money and run. That’s the diamond in the rough everybody is looking for. It’s the out of touch person looking to get something for an item that’s otherwise worthless to them.

3 Likes