Ink Blot Error on Base Unltd. Charizard?

Really not that exciting, but just noticed this on a cheap zard I recently bought. It isn’t raised, and seems to be the same pigment as the cards border or the Charizard itself? Not sure how common it is or if there are any other examples.

imgur.com/a/ZSFxCrw

Sucks but I don’t think it hurts the value.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t think it’s sucks, I just wish it were larger or more prominent lol. It’s a decent condition zard that I paid 30$ for so I’m not complaining either way. Would be cool if there was something more drastic out there though!

Why would a larger mark be better?

I was thinking it would make it somewhat of an anomaly, possibly appealing to niche collectors. But since it’s not something like the red dot Blastoise or Typhlosion where there are a fair amount of instances, it probably wouldn’t be able to classify as an error. I don’t know, just thought it was cool instead of sucking lol

It’s that you pointed out where to look, otherwise I would’ve assumed it was just one of those holofoil spots.

Also, please keep in mind that the people that collect misprints, miscuts and print defects are collecting a niche within a niche. Aiming to get a card to get into that niche is really something you shouldn’t consider.

Get that $30 Zard slapped. It looks like a solid 7.

I’m with genosha, I didn’t know what the heck you were talking about til you circled it. But I think it’s still cool, even though it’s a one off unique “error”, I don’t think it can go in the “error card class”. But anything that separates a card as unique (factory printing that is) is sweet in my book. If you were planning to sell it I would not expect at all for anyone to pay a premium for that, but I think you should enjoy it and it’s uniqueness! You can’t lose with any Charizard for the most part

I don’t know how to say this without coming off as an asshole, but this is one of this least interesting ‘errors’ I have ever seen.
Interesting errors are either extensive or established/recognized by the general community. This one is neither.

4 Likes

That being said, it was still very much worth the pick up for $30.

No denying that!

Hey all, love the comments, just wanted to say I might have come off the wrong way. I in no way intend to try and sell it as an error, or ask for a higher price for the tiny bit of ink. If anything it will sit in a binder and I’ll go “hey that’s the one with the dot.” :joy:

I don’t intend to get it graded as I have another raw Charizard that I’m hopeful will fetch a solid 8/9.

I definitely should not have put error in the title, probably came off as some awful clickbait, so I apologize about that.

1 Like

That’s okay. If you don’t ask then you’ll never know;)