Ink Dot Base Charmander?

So I was recently going through some old bulk, and noticed a Charmander with a noticeable gold ink dot inside the text box, next to the Pokédex number.

It’s definitely a printed dot with decent size to it, but I’ve never come across any mention of an error Charmander.

Is this just a random one off, or is it more of a common case like the red dot Blastoise?

(Excuse the marks, they’re on the Toploader)

From what I’ve seen of ink-dots, they’re not necessarily rare, but definitely fall on the spectrum of uncommon-to-rare as far as errors are concerned. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were more examples of this. My assumption is that there are a lot more actual examples but people are less likely to notice due to the attraction of the holos. Good eyes though!

1 Like

Thanks, @azulryu! I’ve never dived properly into the world of error cards and known blemishes, so it’s nice to get some more insight into how common/rare these ink dot marks are.

If anyone has any matching Charmanders like this, I’d love to see them posted, to see whether it is a consistent error.

1 Like

I will say I haven’t seen anyone post a Charmander with this ink dot. I know there have been ink-stain errors of Charmander, though. Maybe our ink-dot spotting expert @mikejofthecoast knows of any? He’s got an eye for this kind of stuff.

1 Like

I should’ve known there was an ink dot expert somewhere on the forum! :grin: I imagine it’s just a case that no-one has been bored enough to notice this particular dot on a Charmander before now haha.

1 Like