I See Prerelease Clefable is the new 1st ed base Charizard.

Seriously though what’s with the sudden spike in interest with this card? Someone please explain to me.

What do you mean/What are you referring to? The spike in topics here in general? sales?

The topics on the forum. This thread is meant to be a bit of a joke after seeing 3 different threads about this card today. None the less has anything happened to make this card suddenly more desirable?

Not to my knowledge, but it’s a great card to begin with. The release was relatively exclusive being awarded during tournaments and it’s a very tough card to grade high partly due to how they were distributed.

1 Like

Good to know, I don’t think I knew about pre-release Clefable before today.

At one time I had about 50 of them. All has one soft corner you could see easily from the back. I sold many ungraded but that was 10 years ago.

I sold two of them about two years ago for pretty much the same price they’re commanding today. I never really saw it as that rare/desired of a card.

Same here, though not quite that many. The corners were all very soft. I don’t think there will ever be a 10 honestly.

I deeply regret not getting them when they were $25-$40, I’m still kicking myself for it as it’s ridiculous how much it rose in price.

1 Like

I sold my extra copy for about $25 a few years back. Will you kick me plz?

:slightly_frowning_face:

That’s one thing that a lot of people don’t talk about. We all like to mention how much cheaper certain cards were but we also forget that we also sold some of these just as cheap. I guess it’s part of a cycle lol :blush: We missed out on old day prices but we also sold at those prices back in those days lol.

1 Like

I think it’s more that someone mentioned how a PSA 10 is nearly impossible to acheive, something that’s been discussed in the past but is probably new info to people newer to this forum. Usually, when you get some new info it makes the card desirable in the short term. Couple this with Gary going through one of his putting a card on the pedistal phase with the offcentered pr clefable and you can see how it gets exaggerated.

Gary, this isn’t a knock on you, but anyone that’s seen you post knows you like to prop up your one off cards when you have a chance, aka black label kanga, cigar hitmonlee, square no stage blastoise, bgs 10 charizard, lob yugioh sheet, etc.

1 Like

i remember i gave some away for free with jungle sets i sold ages ago…

i think they used to be $10-35 cards… i thought they would of stayed the same as aerodactyl or horsea… but i guess wrong. lol

1 Like

My thoughts exactly, pre-release cards are usually very large in quantity, but we got it wrong with this one. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

That’s why I’m hesitant to sell my PSA 9 Prerelease Clefable copy :open_mouth:

Me and PreRelease clefable were not meant to be. I sold my psa 9, before understanding the cards scarcity. I also sold an ex-nm copy in auction for $3.25. :dizzy_face:

7 Likes

I used to see lots of auctions like this close on odd days/times and end low and sometimes very low… Now with more people buying it seems that most cards are selling for what they’re worth at all times of the day :grimacing: you had bad luck with that one though because even back then they were $15-$30 cards

E4 can become a bit of an echo chamber at times. Every now and again, we get on a topic and it becomes popular locally. It isn’t necessarily indicative of external factors. Often it’s just the topic at hand in the group discussion for a period of time.