I need help with a raw card.

Hey guys, I need some help. I’m looking at a raw card and it looks fairly Mint, which is what I’m looking for.

There are a few flaws, however… I don’t mind showing it to you sharks as it’s clearly not a 10 and the seller is not very negotiable so far.

As you can see there are a couple tiny factory lines, not spotting much of anything else but a possible little silvering dot on Chansey’s forehead? Centering is pretty much exactly 55/45.

I asked a better picture than this for the back, but it seems like they sent me same picture… Would you guys even bother trying to get this graded as a 9 or it’s pretty much guaranteed 8-8.5? I did try offering PSA 8 money, but I don’t think they’ll accept. I’ll have to gamble if I decide to purchase this card.

Not a bad looking card by any means, but I try to stay around the standard of offering a grade lower in value. If you think it has a chance for a 9, offer the price of an 8. If they accept great, but if not the lower you can get them to go the lower your risk becomes. To me, that looks a weak-ish 9. Can’t see the top corners that well and the holo may have some blemishes we can’t see.

1 Like

Thanks. I did give them a fair offer, but there’s other people interested. We’ll see.

I wouldn’t even be having this discussion, but Chansey is damn hard to find. lol I have a copy in the mail part of a 14 Holos lot so maybe I’ll get lucky there.

For me, based on those pictures, I can’t tell if it’s a 7 or a 9. I’d pass…

2 Likes

Yeah, on the ebay listing the holo looked absolutely flawless from the one picture provided. If the seller didn’t show me that angle I wouldn’t have spotted any possible lines/scratches.

I have another question for you shadowless experts. @swolepoke @raichuforyou

How would you value cards like Chansey and Raichu PSA 9? I saw a Raichu sell for $200 and I haven’t come across a Chansey anywhere close to Mint. A PSA 8 sold for $85 which is quite a lot for Shadowless. I’m assuming in the $200-250 range?

There’s a mark on both the ebay picture and the picture you posted above the “n” in “Basic Pokemon,” the centering isn’t ideal, there is at least one print line going horizontally on the bottom, and there’s a highly visible nick in the bottom left.
I’d say 7-8.
If it was a 9 worthy card I would have bought it already.

1 Like

Thanks. I offered $100 which is probably too much, but the seller seemed pretty firm at $150. I’ll just pass.

What do you think a 9 would be worth graded? Is my $200-250 estimate accurate? $250 is Blastoise money, but that card is damn hard to grade. Thanks for your input guys.

Hmm well the value of the Chansey seems to be because of its abnormally low mint rate (9s and 10s) while Raichu just seems to be a popular Pokémon (or is related to one). I only see one sold PSA 9 Chansey best offer accepted under $158 but it is a scarce card right now. Considering a 9 is the best substitute for a 10 and there are so few 10s (none for sale) that the 9 price is probably going to be driven upward to compensate for the gap. $200 isn’t unrealistic for either in PSA 9.

As for the card in question here, I commend you for sticking to your guns as this card looks like an 8 on a good day. $150 would have been far too much in my opinion. PSA is HARSH with these cards. Thus why we have 12 and 14(?) PSA 10 Shadowless Raichu and Chansey respectively. Anyway it seems like you are doing this already but save your money for a sure thing. Have patience and you’ll find the right one.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’m looking to complete my PSA 9 set. I prefer just buying the cards already graded, as I don’t have much of a need for 8s… I can find these for $40-50 usually.

Raichus always seem to have weird factory lines… sometimes they run through the whole card. It’s weird. I’ll be patient, but I’ll just pay whatever the listed price is, if it’s reasonable, when I see them. Already missed out on the Zapdos and Alakazam by being cheap by $20-30. lol Not happening again. Just missing these last 4. :blush:

Careful careful. While I know and believe Shadowless is a great set to collect and value will always be there, constantly upping the price is one way to create a spike that may fall. There has been a 50% increase on the price of Alakazam in the last year with an average of one copy per month selling publicly. With Zapdos there has been a few more sold over the last year but the percentage increase is roughly the same, if not higher. Be patient, one of each will show up. Another fun fact, more copies of each card have sold in the last two years than all previous years combined.
As for Chansey, that card seems to be rare and illusive, just as the description on the card states. :wink: :ninja:

1 Like

I’ve only started collecting about 2 months ago. I paid $80-100 for all the non starter holos so far… The ones I’m missing seem to insta sell at $150+ and they’re not going to get any cheaper.

I got a counter offer of $170 on Zapdos by Collectors Cache a couple weeks back, which I passed and it sold pretty much the same day. There was 3-4 other people offering. These are in higher demand than I expected tbh.

I’d like to pay $125-150, but I’m just saying I won’t pass on these for an extra 10-20%… :blush: