I made a Lugia card tierlist

I feel old that I am only familiar with the OG Neo cards and the Gameboy promo…some of the new ones seem pretty nice though

Meiji Lugia is pretty divisive it seems. I love that art. :blush:

2 Likes

Well, what do I have here? I had this on draft a while back I didn’t get around to uploading as I wasn’t gonna shift the focus to me at the time but had a think and made this draft before time got spent elsewhere on other chases in life. Might as well refine it and take this off my chest and see what happens if I’m lucky to get anything come up, make some lulz and head back out to the next conquest.

Thanks for the responses back during that time. :slight_smile: For some of you naive fools, here comes the pain.

Yeah… People can apply whoever they like and not the entire absolute selection despite my extent. It’s blue pilled to think many at this forum dedicated to specific cards got overwhelmed by three of not the most mainstream 'mons unless the placements for deciding are too strong for their tastes, without them trying. :wink: Cliques want to be cliques. Saying that, a decent hands full of users inclined to participate in lists featuring solely more extensive 'mons back to back so it’s diluted to believe.

[EDIT] Much appreciated my friend, you read my mind! Will get back to you on that when I can. Above all thank you and keep well! Ain’t no way I’m letting them stay down if it can be helped.

Do you? Because on this occasion you’ve so happened to not like your own comments for a change, giga-LMFAO.

I dunno, do you see the irony when a discrepancy occurs after stepping out of the clique with a strong, direct opinion that others who aren’t in the same position resort to maligning back in a way to, and for, the consensus groupthink? You did the exact same thing you would expect another elitist here would do. Irony more painful than Chansey’s attack stat. What I’m meaning is it’s so easy to blindly follow people’s success with good cause but so happen to mock at when a concern that has equal care on the other side gets disregarded.

A pane of 2 dimensions gave you Tabula Rasa? C’mon, I’m up for schadenfreude but are you still funny?

Holyee shiiiiiiiiiiiiiT not sure that aged well mate. Both of those sub-mons have had shallow, pretentious outputs for the majority of their existence. Don’t believe me? Disagree? Then look at this tier below, then look at my Rayquaza one then ask yourself if any of them are featured in cards so rare it’s unknown whether they truly still exist, legitimately beaten Ash, teleported to pissing off generations of people to make an actual impact to Nintendo in real life, or be integral to the anti-Haymaker/Rain Dance stall team, be the first card of the first English 1st edition set kaiju back when it was cool and be Logan Paul’s favorite that didn’t even need Shining or Gold Star to be iconic but was offered as assured compensation because it was that liked? These three pokemon’s synergies individually have iconic status each to culminate a legacy to fans as a trio in the history of the franchise bolder than any other complete trio. You could say it’s the starters (including Pikachu), original Eeveeloutions or ghosts but have starters middle evolutions, Pichu or have any of those aforementioned actually had anything that was meta accomplishable outside of the standard releases given to them and live up to the legacy status of their other members? Even in name the synergy throughout Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam are unmatched. Even Mewtwo’s existence is a fragment of Alakazam’s specific DNA as they have the same psyche.

TL; DR neither Lugia or Rayquaza has even a dedicated border on here, :laughing: so much for them being more than!

As for Lugia… an Ubermonsch that’s shafted evermore meanwhile Ho-Oh keeps rising to further ascendency that like with Rayquaza, only a handful of above-average cards exist. Virgin Lugia, Chad Ho-Oh.

Since Lugia Legend began a change of the game’s aesthetics to a point that was measured forever every Lugia since has been a dwindling embarrassment. Before that, it’s PLAY ex alongside Ho-Oh remains the best ex either have had. All of it’s shining attempts are shambolic because they lost the unique complex sky blue, claret it once only possessed before the turn of Gen 2. The one thing I’ve found admirable with Lugia besides failing to understand the depth of its so-called ‘fan-base’ is how it displayed three unique types that were represented beautifully across the Neo’s background, alongside… Black Star Promo Eevee.

4 Likes

You’re probably on the fourth dimension since it took 4 months for that sad attempt at a checkmate to reach me on my temporal plane :relieved:

1 Like

I’m actually reading that on From Hell. But you kno, there are more important things than this forum and pokémon can that get in the way. Also I asked the question and not the checkmate which is what you’ve just slid in yourself.