I have peaked

I literally have no words I’m still stunned Francis Collins - Wikipedia

47 Likes

Cool. Did you happen to be next to him and happen to have a card on hand?

1 Like

My god is this nerdy. :microscope: :test_tube:

For those who need some context…

Our favorite rabbit admin went to a Human Genetics conference and met the previous Director of the Human Genome Project & Director of the National Institutes of Health. For those outside of the science world, think of Dr. Collins as former “President of Science.” @pfm brought a Mew EX Gold card with “Genome Hacking” power to get it signed by one of the greatest human geneticists and leaders of science in today’s age.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

35 Likes

I made sure to bring some cards and a marker to the conference just in case. Not for anyone in particular.

He actually played guitar in the band at the conference gala. After the show I ran over and asked for an autograph and showed him the attack and he laughed

10 Likes

Did he know about Mew at all or anything in general about it? I’m glad he was a great sport about it. Wicked unique sig! Love the play-on-concept.

1 Like

It was a brief interaction. I think he just didn’t want to sign some political thing or like a grant application or something lol. He’s in his 70s, I doubt he has any level of understanding about pokemon other than it exists :laughing:

10 Likes

That’s really cool. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience

1 Like

I actually have met him before so not quite accurate :joy:

2 Likes

Oh haha. Still cool nonetheless!

Pretty freakin awesome! And I’d think the attack was enough of a hint for him to understand the relevance. haha. Great choice!

5 Likes

Hah! Freakin NERD! :smiley: that’s so dang cool!

2 Likes

Woah!!! I love this stuff! What a unique signature :smile:

1 Like

This feels like a real life Big Bang Theory episode.

4 Likes

Did you tell him you’re trying to become the next geneticist to bring a real Mew to life?

3 Likes