How to stop the second wave backlog?

I propose limiting the amount of cards one can send in to around 50 per month per person, and around 1k per middlemen per month. This is the only way I could see a second, longer wave of submissions from getting crazy. Thoughts?

You can’t. There are people here let alone not on e4 or sports people who submit 1k+ cards at a time. If they send to a middle man then all of the middle mans order is from one person effectively nullifying the whole idea.
Stopping grading was a temporary bandaid to the overall problem of over grading in general. The only way to actually stop another backlog is to make grading cost prohibitive, where you would be paying more to grade the card than than what the card would sell for. As long as there is money to be made by submitting hundreds or thousands of cards at a time, people won’t stop doing it once they’ve started.

1 Like

Every collector should be drafted to working at PSA for 1 month/year so they always have enough staff to grade the bulk subs.

18 Likes

I would rather charge more to edit one video than to charge less for multiple videos. Seems similar for grading companies. If you are making the same amount but doing less work until you can scale why would you do more work?

1 Like

Increasing the price to entry to submit will literally drive thousands of people from PSA, maybe forever. Limiting how much you can send is the only way plausible. If you send more then what they allow, they send your order back, no exceptions.

The tricky situation with scaling in a company all at once is when the orders stop coming in droves. Hiring more workers at PSA is a great idea, but they might end up laying people off once this second wave ends. A problem for us? not really. Not an easy decision for them overall.

www.elitefourum.com/t/the-giant-professional-grading-thread/30930/1